cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move is a joke

skr

House move is a joke

I recently notified Plusnet of my house move and was scheduled to switch on 23/11.

My line in the old house went down a week early, because of a ‘known issue’ with house moves according to a Live Chat operative and it took another day and several calls to get it back working.

The move on 23/11 didn’t happen though. No broadband at new property all day. I contacted Live Char initially in late afternoon and was told not to bother calling in evening and try the next morning when wait times were lower, which I did.

After the first hour long call I was told the automatic reconfiguration hasn’t been done and was being done there and then and I’d be up and running in up to 15 mins. I was hopeful as I then received a text notification confirming.

However, after another hour nothing! So I called back, on hold for another hour then a guy told me that an ADSL connection had been set up rather than fibre and to hold while he sorted it out. But rather than putting me on hold he returned me to the queue. Another hour later someone else told me the same thing. I was told there were no supervisors to speak to when I said I wanted to complain and I would receive a call back, which I didn’t.

To be honest, I don’t care if I am outside my 14 day cooking off period. I’m going to cancel regardless as they are incompetent in all departments.
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: House move is a joke

If you have a Plusnet Hub One then it should have connected to standard fibre anyway, be it at slow speed.

The problem with cancelling now is that you will be hit with cancellation charges and debt collectors if you don't pay.

If you click on 'complaints code of practice' at the bottom of the page you will find a link to submit a formal complaint.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Re: House move is a joke

Hi @skr,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far.

From looking into your account, I can see that you've spoken with an agent who has progressed this for you. You can view the details here

Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha