cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again

JamesT91
Dabbler

Here we go again

Well it is that time again, time for the quarterly connection and performance issues thread.

I have had to make multiple threads during my time with plusnet for the exact same issue, the most recent being May 2020 .

And once more my service has become unnaceptable again, the past few days I have had maybe half a dozen connection drops and the speed I am getting renders it unusable even when it is supposedly working.  Between these threads nothing changes on my end, neither hardware or software, so the issue has to lie somewhere with the company, given the frequency of this issue and that usually it is resolved by making a spectacle of it here, the only conclusion that makes sense is that plusnet throttles people, hoping they are not paying attention to the speeds they are getting compared to the speeds they are paying for. I do not know if there is a genuine fault with plusnet exchanges lately, some sites report the service is down, others that people have reported problems and other say its all working normally, so i only have my own experience to speak from and im having the same issue I have had periodically with this company

i am paying for "unlimited fibre extra", according to the bt speed test that is linked in the stickied topic in this forum my current speeds are 70.06Mbps down and 20.56Mbps, but since I am a single person household, running one internet device, which is a wired connection to boot and currently cannot even load a single youtube video, even in 480p without constant buffering and connection drops, those numbers clearly are not representative of the service that I am getting.

I know that this message is abrasive, but it is very irrirating that every 3-5 months I need to jump through the same hurdles, contact plusnet and kick up a fuss because my performance all but dies and drawing attention to it publicly seems to miraculously fix it and allows me to use the service I am being charged for.

3 REPLIES 3
Yewtree24
Dabbler

Re: Here we go again

I would say that we aren't currently experiencing an issue with speeds (although we've yet to achieve our "guaranteed minimum speed"), but I envy you experiencing only six drops in a few days.  Currently at a best guess I would say we are probably experiencing anywhere between 20 - 100 drops a DAY.  For us we have tried all the troubleshooting steps but like you the problem is not consistent - we had a nightmare service in May but then for June & July it was much better, and now it is almost unusable again.  

amcn02
Hooked

Dont know if this helps but found a link 

http://faults.plus.net   allowed me to log an issue 

but now just gives me the trouble shooting guide

JamesT91
Dabbler

Thank you, but unfortunately that doesnt accomplish anything. As I said this is not a new problem, it happens every few months and has been doing so since I first joined plusnet, thats what leads me to believe it is intentional throttling on their end, in general the service is more stable than my previous ISP but the same problem  cropping up periodically seems more like design than coincidence

I have learnt the hard way that "support" and "trouble shooting" options do nothing.  Every time this has occured trying to communicate with plusnet just leads to them making you jump through the same hoops repeatedly while providing no help, using these forums and turning the issue into a public spectacle is far from ideal but is the only method to date with which I have managed to get any assistance.

My speeds are not as bad as when I first opened this thread, but are still consistently below the minimum guarantee in my contract.