Did you mean: 

Getting average 68 Mbps before renewal

FIXED
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Getting average 68 Mbps before renewal

Thanks for getting back to me, just to check when you ran the test, nothing else was using the WiFi and nothing downloading/ updating in the background?

You could certainly try a reboot and see if you get closer to the 71mb we are seeing (I'd expect you to be able to see approx about 67/68mb your side based on this sync.

Let us know how this goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks @LaurenB  I disconnected the in house display for the smartmeters and rebooted the router and got 66 Mbps.

I'm more than happy with help that you guys have given me.

Hopefully it will stay up here or maybe even better later on.

Thanks again

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the update! Pleased to hear of the increase!

If you do have any further queries at all, please do just get back to us and hope you have a good evening Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mexicano
Rising Star

Hi @LaurenB 

I'm back Sad

My speed has dropped again to 51-54 Mbps! Can you please check to see if my line has been "banded" again?

This is getting to be quite annoying. I had great speed of 69 Mbps after you and @TheMightyAJ intervened last month and now it's dropped back down to 54.

Thanks for any help

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch again @mexican and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your line speed. I've just checked the line, both on a GEA test and on the RRT, and can confirm that it's not been banded by Openreach.

Saying that, you're on an L2TP profile, which means your connection speed is also influenced by our internal profile, which was pretty low, in and around 53Mbps. I've just reset this so please run another speed test (wired preferably) and let us know how you get on.

To be honest, and in my opinion anyway, checking out the data rate on your Plusnet hub Manager is the best way to see what speed the line is syncing at.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mexicano
Rising Star

Thanks @adam945 for the quick reply.

I've restarted the router before I did the wired test again, as you advised, but I'm still getting 51-53 Mbps.

I'm attaching screenshots of the BT test results and also the section from the Hub event log which you mentioned.

Very frustrated Sad

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to me @mexicano and I'm sorry to see that changing the internal speed profile has not helped. It's a strange one this, as looking at the speed graph, which I'll attach below, one could be forgiven for thinking that the line is banded, but it's not. The speed profile remains Downstream: 0.128M-16.5M with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-10M with no error protection but it's clear that sync speeds have been dropping.

Going forward, I'd like to arrange an engineer visit for further investigation here, as there's clearly something wrong with the line. I've just created a fault ticket on the account, please respond as to when  you'd be free for an engineer visit, and we'll get it arranged.

Capture.PNG

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mexicano
Rising Star

Hi @adam945 

Question #221671903

The qube engineer visited last Thursday, tested the line and reset my router to default and said that he will make his report but haven't heard since.

My speed is still the same, hasn't moved.

Have you got any news?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @mexicano, I am really sorry that nothing has changed. It looks like the engineer wasn't able to locate any issues within the premise that could be causing this.

I have tested the line again today and this hasn't located any issues such as banding etc and the sync is at 58mb.

Looking at your profile, it is currently set to 'standard', as our next option we could look to place a modify to amend it to a 'speed' profile in an attempt to try get the sync speed up, though this could have an adverse affect of the stability if the line can't handle it.

let me know your thoughts.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mexicano
Rising Star

Hi @LaurenB  Im not very technically minded so I have no idea what you propose would entail but if you think that it might reduce the download speed even more then maybe it should be left as it is?
The speed did increase when the unbanding was done but you say it’s not banded. 
I really don’t want to lose even more download  speed if I have to. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me, changing the profile to a 'speed' setting, would prioritise speed and so in theory would/ could increase the speed.

The issue that could arise though, is it can make the line more prone to drop outs but if you have successfully achieved better speeds with no stability issues before, than this likely wouldn't be the case.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mexicano
Rising Star

If you’re happy with that, then I’m happy for you to go ahead with the “speed” setting. 
how long before I see any results? And should I restart my router afterwards?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @mexicano

I've picked this up for you and I've placed the order to drop the stability profile down to the fastest. 

The changes should start to take effect from tomorrow, and you shouldn't need to reboot your router, but it can take 7 to 14 days before you may notice an improvement. 

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mexicano
Rising Star

Hi@Gandalf I've waited upto the 14 days as advised and unfortunately I haven't seen any increase back to what it was before of 68 Mbps

I noticed that the ticket has also been closed with nobody coming back to ask me if I'm happy with the results.

I don't suppose that anything else could be done?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi @mexicano

I'm sorry to see you haven't seen an increase with your speeds.

Regarding the ticket 221671903 I didn't place this into a monitoring pool, because technically, while I appreciate your speed was lower than previously, they're still above your minimum guaranteed speed, and I'm afraid there's not much we can do to investigate further following the changes I've made, because it's unlikely an engineer would investigate further as line tests aren't showing any issues and they're within the estimated speed range for your line shown Here.

I've retested your line and I can see your router's now in sync at ~67mbps with the IP profile at 64mbps. The IP profile is not something we manually set as this is done automatically to be somewhere between 90% to 96% of your sync speed. I've updated a different profile our side though to reflect this as it was set at a previous IP profile of 58mbps. 

If you can turn your router off and on, you should hopefully see an increase in speed, though I'd bear in mind that "Retransmission (High)" is enabled by the Dynamic Line Management (DLM) software, which is a form of error correction and this can generally push your throughput (actual download speed you see on a speedtest) down.

Let me know how it goes, and also let me know if you've got further queries or there's anything you don't understand as I appreciate you've said you're not technically minded.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet