Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre extra downstream sync speed dropped

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Fibre extra downstream sync speed dropped

Hi and thanks for coming back to us so quickly.

I've now raised this to our supplier for engineer intervention.

I have booked this in and confirmed the appointment on your fault ticket here:

As part of the fault update I've specified that the work required is external to your property and that a visit to your premises is not required. If the engineer does check in with you, please ask him to confirm that he has unbanded your line as per our notes on the fault.

Anything else you need, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,

Dave

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Font size fixed.

vernon123
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Quick update, the engineer managed to remove the banding but had to move me onto another socket to do this. My sync speed is currently 38Mbs downstream and 18Mbs upstream and I am now on fastpath for both channels which I've not had on downstream for a long time. However my throughput has not changed and seems stuck at 29Mbs downstream, same for wireless and wired. Anybody got any thoughts or solutions on this?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @vernon123 

I have see your average D/L sync speed is not at 37.5Mbps with the recent test showing 28 - as you mentioned above. 

I'm afraid that, for throughput, its all a bit basic when it comes to what can be done. You can try alternate hardware / cables / filters etc which sometimes does help the throughput speeds. For the Wireless speeds, you can take a look through the Wireless Troubleshooter here

Thanks