Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre extra downstream sync speed dropped

vernon123
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Fibre extra downstream sync speed dropped

Hi, I was getting a downstream sync speed of 41-43 Mb 6 months ago, this has dropped to 32 Mb. Is it possible my line is now capped? Could my line be reset to regain my original sync speed?
17 REPLIES 17
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Fibre extra downstream sync speed dropped

Are these speeds on a wired connection? If not, you would need to repeat them wired directly to the router.

Have a look at http://dslchecker.bt.com/ to see what the Openreach systems think is the acceptable downstream range for your line. If your actual speed is low, you have two options: One is to wait to see if a Plusnet person picks up your post; the other is to report a fault yourself.

To report a fault, run though the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults It takes a bit of your time but costs you nothing, and makes Plusnet aware of your issue, they have to look at it, and gets the issue into the queue for action. Don't use Firefox for the BT speed test as, currently, there is a problem with that browser running that test.

Please let us know how you get on.

vernon123
Grafter

This is the sync speed reported by the router, it's showing I'm syncing at around 33Mb downstream and 19 Mb upstream. A few months ago the downstream was around 40-43Mb, upstream hasn't changed. I'm connecting with an Asus dsl-ac68u router. I was hoping someone from plusnet would pick this up and investigate.
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Hopefully Plusnet people will be here today; if not they should be on Monday.

Just one more thought: you have rebooted the router some time since the speed dropped? But don't do it frequently as that can trigger the DLM to reduce your line speed.

vernon123
Grafter

The router has been restarted a few times since the drop but original downstream never reestablished. I had downstream speeds in the 40Mb range for a couple of years before upgrading to fibre extra which is when I started having problems.
vernon123
Grafter

Any chance someone from plusnet could take a look at this, is my line capped or do I need a DLM reset?
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @vernon123

I have raised this for you with our suppliers. The DLM profile was capped at 34.2Mbps for some reason, so I have asked them to reset it. This can take up to 48 hours to take effect.

vernon123
Grafter

Thanks, I'll let you know what happens after 48 hours.
vernon123
Grafter

Do I need to do anything at my end for this to take effect?
Still no change yet, I thought the reset may happen overnight.
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @vernon123

You don't need to do anything your end to take effect, this is all done from the Openreach side. I've checked the Openreach system for you and the job is still ongoing. If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, please let us know.

vernon123
Grafter

Hi, still no change on my sync speed, any chance of a progress update on this @deank
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

DLM resets can take up to 24 hours so I'll come back and check on this at 3pm for you, I'll be able to see from line tests if it's taken effect and follow things up with you from here. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vernon123
Grafter

Thanks for the response, the reset was requested Monday so we're well past the 24 hours already.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks I can see that Dean resubmitted it on Monday but it's obviously not taken effect unfortunately. With that in mind we'll need some engineer intervention. 

Can you report a fault for us over at http://faults.plus.net please?

Let me know here when you have. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vernon123
Grafter

Fault now reported.