cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband - Dropping out on Wi-fi and slow Ethernet speeds.

Webbo
Hooked

Fibre Broadband - Dropping out on Wi-fi and slow Ethernet speeds.

I am consistently getting slower speeds to my PC (wired connection) than I should be achieving AND my Wi-Fi constantly drops out at random intervals throughout the day.

I have run several speed tests and have used the trouble shooting guides to try and reconnect my devices when the Wi-Fi appears to drop, but nothing seems to work permanently as the issue continue.

This is getting very frustrating now as the number of instances seem to be getting more and more frequent.

I've attached a copy of the last few speed test that I've run over a wire connection from yesterday and today.

Please can someone help as I am still working from home due to Covid and this is impacting my ability to get my job done in some cases.

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Re: Fibre Broadband - Dropping out on Wi-fi and slow Ethernet speeds.

@Webbo You obviously have a fault somewhere. Can you post your Help Desk page from your router, and also the output from BT Broadband  - obscuring personal details from both?

Welcome to the forums.

John
Webbo
Hooked

Hi John,

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by the help desk data from my router? Have you an example of what you need that you can show me.

I have updated the date from the BT Broadband link as described.

jab1
Legend

@Webbo Thanks for that latest screenshot, but it unfortunately is missing the important data - not your fault, it's something that doesn't always appear, for some reason.

Re: Help Desk - this might help

HubOneTroubleshootingHelpDesk.png

John
Webbo
Hooked

Attached the help desk screen  

jab1
Legend

@Webbo Thanks for that help Desk picture. It confirms that your router is seeing the full 80/20 speed, but is obviously suffering from some issue - unfortunately it doesn't tell us what it is, though.

If you are running these tests over an ethernet connection, there is something wrong down-stream of your router.

Should have asked this before - is your phone-line noise-free?

John
Webbo
Hooked

Yeah, it's been okay every time I've checked.

The speed has been okay today, even over wi-fi. But when it drops, it could be 5 minutes or as per last night's. From around 8pm through to 7am this morning. And nothing. Alexas won't connect, phones drop and on demand services just stop, but the wired connection to the pc remained around 29 to 35 mbps.
jab1
Legend

OK - no phone issues, and you are getting disconnections on wireless gear and low speeds on the wired equipment.

This needs PN Help Team investigation. Hopefully they will be able to spot something. They may even provide KBD and Radius reports to explain the issues.

John
Webbo
Hooked

I spoke to soon. All wifi dropped. Not able to connect on either mobile and the Alexas have just dropped service. But guess what. Wired connection is still their, albeit 40mbps
jab1
Legend

Very strange - your Hub is on the latest firmware, so that shouldn't be an issue re wireless performance, and as I've said before you do appear to have a BT network issue, which will need PN investigation.

Sorry I can't really offer much more advice, but I can only see the information you provide, and work on that.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Webbo

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with your service. Looks like an engineer appointment has been arranged for tomorrow morning, so hopefully they're able to both identify and resolve the issues for you. Let us know if you're still having problems afterwards and we'll be happy to follow up.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds