cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP with a home hub 6

Brooks100

FTTP with a home hub 6

Hi , i am on the plusnet trial for FTTP using the supplied hub one. However wifi can be somewhat intermittent , even with extender etc, so have decided to try a home hub 6. I have found one with the red WAN port, but could somebody please post me a link to how i can set up the BT hub . Apologies , i am sure this has been posted before, but i can only find instructions for hh5 and didnt want to do something that i cant fix( bit of a technophobe unfortunately) thanks for any replies

6 REPLIES 6
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: FTTP with a home hub 6

BT Smart Hub (6) For FTTC see message 41 here .( Not sure about FTTP though).

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/m-p/1415464#M312705

Disable Smart set up , you need to change the details before connecting the dsl lead to the master socket otherwise it will try connecting to BT.

also do not use any strange characters in passwords such as £$^>? etc.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/fttp-faq/

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

you need to change the details before connecting the dsl lead to the master socket

Erm! the OP is on FTTP.

I would guess that the setup is as above but then connect the ONT to the Red WAN port. Not sure if anyone else has usedd a Smart Hub on FTTP , so let us know how it goes please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Thats why I stated the instructions are for FTTC

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

Apologies, thought perhaps you hadn't noticed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Brooks100

Thank younto everyone , now up and working, and hopefully an improved wifi network

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Brooks100

You may find that you get the best wireless performance if you separate the 2.4 and 5GHz bands. To do this go into the advanced Wifi settings and in 5GHz settings set the sync with 2.4 to off. This should automatically add -5 to the 5GHz SSID.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'