cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistent disconnects

pettsinator

Consistent disconnects

FAO Plusnet Customer Service

Very long story short - I re-raised a fault I've been having with my broadband on September 20th.

Having sent three messages to you over a period of 11 days without a reply I called on Monday. After nearly an hour I managed to get a result from one of your staff members (and I'll give credit where credit is due - when you actually get through to someone I've always found your service team to be willing to help) that I'd have an update by October 3rd, i.e. today, about the state of my connection.

The update email I've just had was that my question is now on hold until Friday. There has been no official address to me, just a copy of an internal message.

I work from home in the evenings and am having to use my mobile phone as a hotspot to get some sort of connection. I'm paying for a service to you that I'm not getting and I'm now also out of pocket further having to buy data addons with my mobile supplier.

I've copied below the test that you've sent through. It means nothing to me, of course.

As this is in the public domain I am hoping that someone can get back to me to tell me what is going on asap. I've been more than patient up to this point. For a company that pride themselves on customer service the last couple of weeks has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I've been with Plusnet across my various properties for several years but I am seriously considering a move away if things don't improve sharpish.

Thank you.

XXXXXXXX
9:48am, Wednesday 3 Oct 2018
** INTERNAL ** 

KBDGEA Test Detail

Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU27106103

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1613
Description Potential HR Joint detected on GEA service. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 28.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 5.3 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 749.9
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed on Week Days
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 14:00 to 17:45
Interference Location Unknown
Interference Observed In Days 3
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-8.5M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-09-20T09:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 18.2 Mbps 54.9 Mbps 32.8 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 3.5 Mbps 8.4 Mbps 6.0 Mbps
Up Time 461.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 890.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 16.0 0.3
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-10-03T08:16:14Z 2018-10-03T08:31:14Z
Ingress Code Violation 50 32
Egress Code Violation 84 20
Errored Seconds 24 8
Severely Errored Seconds 14 4
Unavailable Seconds 61 70

Radiushttps://visualradius.plus.net/visualradius/generated/image15385561491512.png

Telephone Number 01524854220 on Exchange HEYSHAM is served by Cabinet 1

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 60.8 44 13 8.5 39.8 Available -- --

Engineer NotesI continued to progress to the end customer premises.End customer informed of performance issue.I was unable to identify the cause of the fault.I have not visited end customer premises and no fault was found.Engineer has not visited end customer premises

SummaryConnection DCN, HR joint detected CE re-raised to BTW external engineer assigned ref:
3-810900783022

XXXXXXXXX
9:49am, Wednesday 3 Oct 2018
***INTERNAL***

Ticket placed on hold until after Engineer visit/ERT/Fault Update on 05/10/18

This Question is now on hold until Friday 5th October at 7:00am.

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Consistent disconnects

Hi there, 

I've just checked your account and can see that the agent made a further customer-facing update on the account after the one you've quoted. They should have clearly marked those updates as being internal so I'm really sorry for any confusion. 

I've just chased up the fault and have added a further update to the account for you. Here's a direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=182096288

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pettsinator

Adam,

It is now Monday and I have still not had a response from anyone as to what is going on with my connection. In your message you said you were taking ownership of my problem so please let me know urgently what the status of the issue is.

Hopefully no news is good news and it has been fixed but I'd like confirmation, please.

Thank you in advance.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,  Line tests are still picking up a high resistance fault on the line, with that in mind I've cleared the fault back to our supplier with notes advising of this and I'll be checking for updates tomorrow before coming back to you again. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pettsinator

Adam,

It's now another 3 days since I've had any sort of update.

What is going on, please?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @pettsinator, Adam has replied on the ticket for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team