cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Ubisoft server

FIXED
Joaniem1109

Cannot connect to Ubisoft server

Trying to play UNO online using Nintendo Switch but kept getting unable to connect to Ubisoft server. Have tried on my sons Virgin Wi-Fi and it works ok. I am assuming it is a Plusnet issue. Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Cannot connect to Ubisoft server

Hello @Joaniem1109

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with this. I'm not actually aware of any issues we're having with connecting to Unisoft servers, and I myself have been able to recently, on Plusnet broadband.

It sounds like an easy fix, but if you'd like to try turning your router off for 65 minutes, which will assign a new IP address to your connection, give that a go and let us know how you get on.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Joaniem1109

Hi Adam, thanks for reply. I did  as suggested and turned the router off for over 65 minutes. Issue still the same when I try to go to online play UNO on Switch. Am attaching screen print of error message. Thanks Joan

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for letting me know @Joaniem1109 and I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work. Are you able to forget your network on your switch? Then try re-connecting to the router?

Adam
Joaniem1109

Hi Adam,

Thanks again for your reply.

I deleted the network settings on the Switch and reconnected to the router but still getting the same error message.

Joan

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's super odd @Joaniem1109, your connection does appear fine from our end, we don't block or restrict access to specific servers either. Have you contacted Ubisoft for support on this matter?

Adam
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

@Joaniem1109 it looks like you have our Safeguard parental control filter enabled. Have you tried temporarily disabling it and restarting your router to see if it helps? It could be that the Ubisoft servers are being blocked.

https://www.plus.net/my-account/safeguard/

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Joaniem1109

Hello Bob, 

Thanks for the reply. Yes you were right about Safeguard, I have switched it off and UNO is now available for online play.

Thanks again to all at Plusnet Support for your assistance.

Joan