Did you mean: 

Cannot access internet

FIXED
Chadwick110
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Cannot access internet

Hi,
As of Friday morning (3rd Dec) we’ve been unable to access the internet. This happened overnight on Thursday. We changed nothing.

Router is standard Plusnet Hub 1, software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.3.
It says it is connected to the internet and the light is blue.
I can see the config screen and all my devices (iPhones, MacBook, Windows laptop, hard drive, TV, Alexa, smart plugs) are all connected to the router. But none of them can access the internet.
I have reset and restarted the router from the confit screen and using the physical button. We’ve even pulled the power cable out to restart it.

What should I do next to resolve this?

I’ve seen requests for various screenshots in other threads. How do I attach them to this thread using my phone?
4 REPLIES 4
Chadwick110
Hooked

Re: Cannot access internet

Ah!  Here's my Helpdesk screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-12-05 at 22.29.01.png

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Fix

The  answer is there, @Chadwick110 . For some reason, your Broadband User name has reverted to 'setup@plusdsl.net'. You need to change that to 'Yourusername@plusdsl.net' without the quote marks - don't ask me why it happens, but it does.

John
Chadwick110
Hooked

You know, I went to bed with something bugging me. I knew something wasn't right on the router homepage, where it also shows your username. Thanks for solving that little conundrum.

For those in a similar situation, you can change the username by going to Settings/Broadband and then you must Disconnect. Only when you have disconnected can you reconnect with your real username and password. Don't be fooled by the 'everything is ok' message!

Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 08.34.38.png

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Useful info, @Chadwick110 Thanks. Not that it matters to me, though, I'm no longer on PN.😉

John