cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband going down and now back at pre-Infinity speed

crobinsonh99
Hooked

Broadband going down and now back at pre-Infinity speed

Yesterday morning I came down to find the red flashing light on the PlusNet Router. First thing I tried was Sky TV as I think it used the phone line for EPG etc - all worked fine. 

Swapped router to TP LINK Archer - same result red light for broadband

Left any further investigation until this evening.

Tonight went through (very good) Plusnet support videos - 

1) Check Phone line - cannot do (apart from SKY) as we have no land line phone / devices.

2) Plugged routers into mains socket directly - done, no difference.

3) Fitted filter to broadbank connection to the BT Openreach socket (even though Plusnets own support video's states not required on the MK2 socket), no difference.

4) Unscrewed Openreach socket to get to test socket. Success - now get solid blue light on the test socket.

5) Screw everything back together and now plug back into the main broadband jack - bingo solid blue light.

6) Check 192.168.1.254 - tells me internet connected.

7) Run Which Broadband speed test - Ping is 120s, download speed is 5.6Mbps, upload speed is 3.4Mbps - basically super slow broadband.

Anyone have a clue as to why the broadband has come back but is now REALLY SLOW?

Any help or support would be appreciated.

Best,

5 REPLIES 5
crobinsonh99
Hooked

Re: Broadband going down and now back at pre-Infinity speed

Speed has now improved (keep running the Broadband speed test). No 16ms ping, 27.5Mbps (download) and 16.5Mbps (upload).

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
crobinsonh99
Hooked

Now back at 10ms Ping, 64Mbps upload and 16.9Mbps download. Not sure what has happened but it appears to have fixed itself!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @crobinsonh99,

I'm sorry to hear that you had experienced these issues and I'm glad to hear that there has now been some improvement. As a matter of course, I'd tested your line this morning to see if we could find any issues and I have discovered an external phone fault, that's most likely the reason behind the issues experienced yesterday.

I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this in further detail, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
crobinsonh99
Hooked

Thank you for doing the test and finding the external fault.

Best,