dean197gmail
Dabbler

Re: BTw Performance Test via Further Diagnostics

Results Image not loaded
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 19.66 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 15.51 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

U won't hear anything probably take weeks or even months! BT often so slow to take this action.
AndyH
Grafter

@ goldenfibre - Ever heard the expression if you've got nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I can say anything because it my thread page that I have started it. lol  Cheesy
vindaloojim
Grafter

Well I'm certainly not holding my breath.  Roll_eyes
Apparently this has been happening for years. Why BTw insist customers use a tool which does not function correctly is beyond me.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I agree above. BT is useless and BTw PT is always hit & miss over the years. Very poor designed by BT.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I always get that error now as well. It used to work.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: AndyH
@ goldenfibre - Ever heard the expression if you've got nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all?

Hear hear. I'm interested in keeping abreast of developments on this issue, but sick and tired of getting email notifications about new posts when they aren't constructive comments. Take a hint please.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

BTw PT not working
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 74.55 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 17.93 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's right, just keep spamming the forums with posts saying exactly the same thing time and time again.  Angry We know it's not working for you!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mhb
Dabbler

Ok, it would seem that BT are in no great hurry to put this situation right. Frankly the only reason I want to use this particular speedtester is to obtain confirmation of  my lines BRAS profile because on several occasions now Plusnet's own system set profile has been found not to have  been in accord with the BT system profile and has had to be reset.  Therefore as Plusnet do still have the ability to access the BT set profile and obviously know their own systems profile, how difficult would it be for Plusnet themselves set up a means of  making both figures available to customers, accessed through online account details?
Anotherone
Champion

Plusnet can easily check that the your Current Line speed matches the BT IP Profile, one of the CRT members would be able to look for you tomorrow.
As for other aspects regarding the information relating to the Current Line Speed etc - Time stamping the last change and so forth, this has already been raised to Plusnet and is "on the list" but not a high priority Sad
mhb
Dabbler

A pity but quite understandable that it's not a high priority for Plusnet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I hope Steve Crookes take notice that we all want both BT IP Profile and PN IP Profile with time/date stamp via member account to save our hassle! I been asked many times with Plusnet in the past and I am going to ask again. I just can't believe that Plusnet think it not high priority to do this. All other isp's do this for customers via member account. Surely it not hard to do it. Come on Plusnet do it for us all.
Anotherone
Champion

That is NOT Steve Crookes responsibility goldenfibre and NO all other ISPs do NOT do it. Chris Purvey is well aware of this request, so just leave it alone.