Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Speed Query

danieljohn
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Another Speed Query

Hi Matthew,
as you on the 'Plusnet Customer Relations' team could you sort it so that my bill is reduced by 1/3 to reflect the decrease in speed I have experienced since I purchased broadband from you? My contract is nearly up, so even though I've been generally happy with the service and help found on the Plusnet forums I feel it is only right I shop around and see what speeds I can get from other providers, unless I hear a reasonable offer from you guys.
All the best and thanks,
Daniel
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We wouldn't reduce your bill because the speeds have dropped I'm afraid.
The speeds are advertised as "Up to" because situations like this can occur.
However if your coming up to the end of your contract it's worth calling our Customer Options team who can advise you on any deals we can do.
They're available 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 7pm Saturday and 9am - 6pm Sunday from landlines on 0800 013 2632 or from mobiles on 0330 123 9197.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
danieljohn
Grafter

Hi Matthew,

I have a odd situation. I recently rang customer service a couple of weeks ago and slightly changed my package. Ever since then my internet speed (particularly torrenting) seems to have dropped a lot. When I joined Plusnet I'd get 1.5MB/s, I'd accepted it falling to 1.2MB/s over time (due to interference or something), but ever since I rang and signed onto a new 2-year contract I'm down to 700kbps. Is my new package slower? I didn't think so.

Also, this new community site has a maximum password length of 20? When it used to be a lot higher?!?

Thanks for any illumination on these issues,

Daniel 

danieljohn
Grafter

Maybe this image is relevant :

danieljohn
Grafter

I have rung customer services and arranged to swap back to Unlimited Fibre Extra, so for now I don't need any help from you guys. let's hope the upgrade resolves my issue!

Thanks,

Daniel