cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi access to children controlled with the hub2 router

nixodian
Hooked

wifi access to children controlled with the hub2 router

I have ‘successfully’ set up access control for my children’s iPad using the matching ‘ip address’ with the‘wifi address’ / ‘Mac address’ the access to the plusnet wifi is set for 2 hours a day, but they can sometimes access it. I notice that on these occasions their ‘ip address’ with the ‘wifi address’ / ‘Mac address’  has changed. Is there a way of making it static on their iPhones and iPad? Or perhaps a setting in the router, hub2, to make this static ie stay same? l am definitely not that tech savvy and really surprised that l managed to it set up restricting their access for 2 hours a day using 'Access Control' though not always successful. please tell me how l can make this restriction 100% . noticed that the group that l set up and 'save' often delists so the group becomes blank. understandable if not saved. is it just a poorly written program? it is definitely not user friendly.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
nixodian
Hooked

'Always use this IP address:' is selected 'YES', but obvi...

'Always use this IP address:' is selected 'YES', but obviously doesn't work. Please help

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

Re: 'Always use this IP address:' is selected 'YES', but obvi...

Hi,

The latest version of IOS randomise the MAC address of the Apple device, this randomising of the MAC address will result in a new IP Address being issued by the Hub Two every time the MAC address changes.

You can turn off the randomising see https://www.digitalcitizen.life/mac-address-iphone/ which may help.

Bear in mind your children might work out how to turn randomising back on, but they will be found out as you can check for connected devices.