Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portal borked for my account - everything links to billing

jkn
Hooked

portal borked for my account - everything links to billing

Hi All

I had billing problems earlier in the year (well, Plusnet did), and there seems to be a hangover when I attempt to use the portal.

I am having some email issues and wanted to look at the 'manage email account' link. But this just takes me to a page with my billing details.

On further investigation, most of the links on my accounts home page seem to be doing the same. I am unable to do anything, including changing my payment details, if I were to want to do that.

A separate old free F9 account does not show this problem.

How can this be sorted out please?

Thanks, Jon N

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: portal borked for my account - everything links to billing

Hi Jon,

I have a vague recollection of seeing something like this before.  Have you tried a forced LOGOUT?  See the link in the upper right of the user portal.  Then log in again.

Which browser, on what OS?

Have you tried a different browser?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jkn
Hooked

Re: portal borked for my account - everything links to billing

Hi there, thanks for your reply

I confess I hadn't thought of trying a different browser. I run on linux, usually Firefox. I've just tried Chrome, and get the same result, with or without a 'forced' logout.

I do tend to reject cookies FWIW. However I have also just tried with a 'bog standard' windows10 machine (Firefox), and get the same result.

It does occasionally come up with a message something like "operation already in progress - try again later" if that is any sort of pointer. But I've been trying this for several days now.

I suspect it has been like this for longer ... the portal was behaving oddly when Plusnet got their billing screwed up, but I thought that was part of them putting (unwarranted) restrictions on the account.

I've spoken to PN today and they tell me they are 'resetting components'. But I think they have done this before, to no great effect.