cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many pcs can be covered by plusnet Norton?

FIXED
grazuncle
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

how many pcs can be covered by plusnet Norton?

Hi everyone...

I already had AV and firewall on my pc when i went with Plusnet fibre broadband. The new package offered Norton  as part of the deal... It seems to be ok but can't find out if I can install it on my pc too. My AV software runs out in a couple of weeks.

Does the standard package install on multiple pcs?

ps update.. just found I have used one of 7 licences.. this is right? 7 !?

I have a paid Norton licence from  before joining Plusnet.. how do I get out of that and on to one of the other 6 free licences?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
grazuncle
Dabbler

Re: how many pcs can be covered by plusnet Norton?

Fix

I just found  the add user functionadd user.jpg

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Before you go spending money, have you considered Windows Defender which comes free with W10 or 11? Having watched the forum reviews in recent years it comes very high in the listings and it has served our family machines for the past couple of years with no problems.

We dumped Norton many years back because it seemed pricey for a mid-range AV and we were fedup with the renewal spam for months before it was due, then used Kaspersky until its links with Russia and the KGB became uncomfortably clear, and we moved to Defender. We scan every month or two with Malwarebytes etc but nothing comes up except the odd bit of adware.

Mike

grazuncle
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not exactly spending any money.. the Plusnet version included can support up to 7 pcs

I was on Bullguard for decades and supplied it to many small companies. No problems. Then Norton took it over automatically one day on my pc.

I'll look into Defender.. which I have as a Win 11 user but I see Norton has taken control of its services.

I don't know enough to comment on this presently other than what you have mentioned. 👍

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@grazuncle, Slightly OT but did you get 'Norton 360 for Gamers' when we were transferred to Norton from Bullguard?

grazuncle
Dabbler

Hi.. 

I did see 'for Gamers'  icon in the taskbar icon when i was transferred from Bullguard to Norton but since using one of the Plusnet version 7 Pc options, it has disappeared. I'm not a gamer if that makes any difference?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I'm not a gamer either but I know Bullguard had an option where you could optimise it for gaming so perhaps Norton just provided us with the version that most closely matched what we had.

Thank you for your reply.