Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

being moved to Digital Voice

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: being moved to Digital Voice

@Davey76 That advice from BT is a load of uninformed rubbish. Plusnet subscribers do not have access to  'BT Digital Voice', that is only available to their own (BT Broadband) customers.

I despair at the quality of advice emanating from call centres these days.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Davey76 - Plusnet do not offer a Digital Voice product so you have been misinformed. As far as I know, If you want to move to a BT Digital Voice product, then you will need to move your broadband service to BT.

Edit: @jab1 types faster than me.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Davey76
Grafter

I await to hear back from staff at PN. I just cannot understand why VOIP / Digital Voice has not been added to PN. Landline is crucial to some, especially the disabled. We supposedly live in an advanced technical age, but solutions aren't forthcoming to simple problems. The solution is not always simple, but the problem is.

jab1
Legend

@bobpullen IS Plusnet staff - and a very well  informed one, at that.

John
Davey76
Grafter

If I move to BT can I keep my Plusnet email address?

jab1
Legend

No!

John
Davey76
Grafter

So much for technical advancement!!!!!!!!!

jab1
Legend

Just FYI BT Broadband and Plusnet are totally separate operations, running on different platforms. Plusnet used to offer a 'mail only' account to leaving subscribers, but this option was withdrawn in June last year.

John
Davey76
Grafter

Not wishing to protract the conversation, but the situation is bonkers. To say they are separate operations is not strictly true as BT clearly control Plusnet as they are not letting Plusnet have access to Digital Voice (or that would appear to be the case). Wheels within wheels!

jab1
Legend

PN are the 'basic'/'value' brand in the BT Consumer division, so you get a 'basic'/'value' service. They are still a distinct operation, though.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Davey76 

As I understand it, until some date in September this year, it’s later than you may think (!), there’s nothing to stop you moving your landline to Plusnet and keeping a landline service for hopefully the next couple of years. At the end of 2025 none of us will have any choice, if we want to retain our landline phone number we will have to go VoIP one way or another.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

stuck
Rising Star

You mean that if a landline is not moved to Plusnet before Oct 2023 then it will not be possible to move to Plusnet after the end of Sept 2023?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.
Davey76
Grafter

So PN have now confirmed what Bob said - as suspected they would. Jeepers - someone needs to grab this  by the horns and get this sorted. No point in Broadband only if you don't supply VOIP.  No way am I going to transfer to BT or EE and no way am I going to wander around my house with a mobile phone in my hand! .

Davey76
Grafter

So at some stage if Plusnet want to survive then they will have to provide VOIP

Davey76
Grafter

Bob Pullen , Could you inform your parent company BT that their staff are under the impression that Plusnet Customers are being given misinformation about digital voice and plusnet.

regards

Davey