Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Adapter

JamesCRocks
Grafter

Re: VOIP Adapter

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@JamesCRocks  So is your full fibre service a new Plusnet Account, that is not an upgrade from FTTC. Do you have two accounts active at the moment, 1 Full fibre and 1 FTTC?

Just the one. Upgraded with no phone at present but it looks like we'll get our old number back.

James

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

@JamesCRocks  can we be clear here ?

You upgraded from fttc to full fibre which initially ceased the phone, you then requested the original number be ported to A & A and they say they can ?

If that is correct , then its a game changer for people wanting to move to fttp and keep their number on a voip connection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MisterW  Not sure of the sequence of events but from reading the thread the request to port the number to A&A VOIP may have been done before the upgrade to Full Fibre. So A&A would have accepted it as it was an active number at that point.

Will be interesting to know if the number port happens on the 13th The Op may have got lucky with the timing of events, it has been known to happen, well at least once.😁

@JamesCRocks  please let the forum know if the number port is successful, let's hope it is.👍

JamesCRocks
Grafter

@MisterW wrote:

@JamesCRocks  can we be clear here ?

You upgraded from fttc to full fibre which initially ceased the phone, you then requested the original number be ported to A & A and they say they can ?

If that is correct , then its a game changer for people wanting to move to fttp and keep their number on a voip connection.

More or less, yes. I was discussing it with them for a while beforehand then requested it later the same day (as upgrade to full fibre), it was confirmed three days later and should be ported on the 13th. Until it actually happens I can't be sure I'll get my original number.

James

JamesCRocks
Grafter

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@MisterW  Not sure of the sequence of events but from reading the thread the request to port the number to A&A VOIP may have been done before the upgrade to Full Fibre. So A&A would have accepted it as it was an active number at that point.

Will be interesting to know if the number port happens on the 13th The Op may have got lucky with the timing of events, it has been known to happen, well at least once.😁

@JamesCRocks  please let the forum know if the number port is successful, let's hope it is.👍

No, just after and sure, I'll do that.

James

JamesCRocks
Grafter

@MisterW wrote:

@JamesCRocks li'd look on ebay for a gigaset n300ip , preferably with a handset.

A & a setup details are  here https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_Phones_-_Gigaset_N300

Hmmm! I'm trying to setup the N300A IP unit but they (the seller on Amazon) don't appear to have supplied the CD. I've looked around for a CD image with no luck and, as things stand, I think I'll have to return it. 

James

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

You don't need a CD. Just connect it to your router with an ethernet cable, find its IP address and access the configuration gui  from a browser. The manual can be found on the Internet if you need it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://gse.gigaset.com/fileadmin/legacy-assets...

Might be worth doing a firmware update as the first thing, to make sure it's on the latest firmware

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cpc6128
Dabbler

@JamesCRocks You can setup without cd.

The info is in the n300 ip manual online.

The manual says to go to www.gigaset-config.com
It shows a webpage with the IP of the device on your home network.
You can connect to it.
0000 is the default admin.

I hope that works for you?
JamesCRocks
Grafter

@MisterW wrote:

You don't need a CD. Just connect it to your router with an ethernet cable, find its IP address and access the configuration gui  from a browser. The manual can be found on the Internet if you need it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://gse.gigaset.com/fileadmin/legacy-assets...

Might be worth doing a firmware update as the first thing, to make sure it's on the latest firmware

The manual (it came with one of those) suggests using the CD or a Gigaset phone and I have neither, just an ordinary DECT quad cordless set. 

Sure, I get the idea of connecting to a web page, do it all the time with other devices (router, switch, pi-hole, printer etc.) but only knowing the first three numbers and my DHCP range covers most of the remaining 256. However, I did find an old network scanning utility which gave me the page so ... thanks Smiley

Once I've sorted a fixed IP for it, I will do a firmware update.

Again, thanks. 

James

JamesCRocks
Grafter

@cpc6128 wrote:
@JamesCRocks You can setup without cd.

0000 is the default admin.

Yep "0000" worked ... thanks Smiley

James

JamesCRocks
Grafter

So, I'm having issues configuring this despite being helped but I'll start a new thread to deal with it. 

James