cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to leave Plusnet

JimHolden

Trying to leave Plusnet

Can anyone tell me why Plusnet cannot accept that I have left and give me my final bill? I gave them adequate notice and they emailed me advising that I was leaving them on the 01st of December but still, no final bill has been issued and the accounts help line have not been helpful. 

2 REPLIES 2
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Trying to leave Plusnet

Can't say what may be happening in your case though it does take a few weeks to finalise account and any charge or refund due. Meantime don't cancel your direct debit as it is used for any necessary adjustment, closing it early will really screw things up. Posting here is slow to achieve results, despite queues phoning is faster.

Mike

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Trying to leave Plusnet

Hello Jim,

How did you leave?

Did you call Plusnet to totally cease the service / line or did you simply migrate away?

Who did you migrate to?

Did you migrate BOTH broadband and telephone services?

Was it a like for like migration or a migration to a new FTTP server ... if it was, was it to a provider using the BT infrastructure?

There have been multiple cases where the new provider (for a whole variety of reasons) has not advised Plusnet (via BT Wholesale or BT Openreach) that the service has moved away, this has been particularly true where the telephone number has not been moved or the provider uses their own infrastructure such as Virgin Media or City Fibre.

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.