cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Protect software

jsknight100
Dabbler

Plusnet Protect software

Plusnet Protect software is it worth installing?

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Plusnet Protect software

Plusnet Protect is a resold McAfee product at £5pcm.

Is it "worth" installing depends on one's opinion of McAfee products.  Personally it is my preferred AV and firewall software; I have used it for years, but I will admit to having got lazy and not reviewed how other (previously poorer options) have evolved.

If one wanted to use those products, they can be bought on the open market for circa £30pa if one shops around.

So the answer to your question all depends on how one evaluates "worth".

For the avoidance of doubt some AV and firewall software is essential - there are a lot of options out there.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Townman wrote:

Plusnet Protect is a resold McAfee product at £5pcm.

It's free of charge on ADSL and Unlimited Fibre Extra but £2 a month on Unlimited Fibre.

There's more information here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-started-with-plusnet-protect/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Thanks Anoush,

Sorry I misread the add ons page! Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.