cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton Security

DaiLaptop

Norton Security

I installed ‘NortonLifeLock’ when Plusnet switched us from McAfee recently and all seems satisfactorily completed. However on 3/7/22 I received an email purporting to come from Norton telling me to install ‘Norton Security Deluxe’. Is this a genuine email? – I assumed everything necessary for protection on my device was included on my original installation of ‘NortonLifeLock’. Which particular Norton product/version have we been given?
2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Norton Security

@DaiLaptop Are you sure this email was actually from Norton? It probably was, and no doubt they want you to buy a product from them, but it is always a good idea to check.

John
DaiLaptop

Re: Norton Security

Does anyone know which version of Norton Security we have been provided with as a result of the Plusnet switch? What I installed seems to be working OK but, as I stated before, a few days after the seemingly successful installation I received an email purporting to come from Norton telling me to install 'Norton Security Deluxe' (see wording of email below). I will speak to Norton but I would like to find out which version of their security we are supposed to receive as part of the Plusnet deal.

Email purporting to come from Norton:

Welcome! 

Make sure you install Norton Security Deluxe so we can help protect your devices.
 Install on PC or Mac® 

Open this email on the PC or Mac® you want to protect, SIGN IN & PROTECT, sign in with (email address), click Download and install.