cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logout

ghamilton123
Rising Star

Re: Logout

@kjello prt sc will save it to the clipboard, you can put it onto paint and save the file, not entirely sure if you can just paste it here, or if you can just paste it in a folder. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

@kjello wrote:

I've tried taking a screenshot by pressing prt sc as instructed but nothing happens. There are potential complications too because the screen shot would contain personal details (address, account no, bookmarks etc) so if it doesn't add anything it would best to avoid. All it would tell us that where your screenshot has 'logout' mine has 'more'.

What do you think of the other suggestions - deleting cookies and trying through Chrome? Personally, I can't see how these would help, it's obviously a software issue with Plusnet, but you may know how these might be connected, if at all.

Thanks

@kjello Which browser are you using - and where did you get the 'PrtSc' instruction from? - right clicking (on Firefox) gives me the option to take a screenshot.

The Landing page (as post #7 in this thread does not  reveal any of those details.

I don't see how it can be a software issue with Plusnet - otherwise there would be more complaints/queries. It is a local issue for you.

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

@kjello 

If you reduce the zoom level of the page does the Logout option appear?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ghamilton123
Rising Star

@Mav looks like its caused by the users resolution, can replicate when zoomed in at 200% on a 1080p monitor 

jab1
Legend

Never thought of that @ghamilton123  - but there again I've always had my display at 100%, except when I've temporarily changed it for  a specific reason, and then reverted.

As I have said to the OP - it's a local issue.

John
ghamilton123
Rising Star

2023-11-18 18-59-24.gif

ghamilton123
Rising Star

As someone that's dealt with building frontends for websites, its pretty common to see issues like this arise @jab1, wouldn't fault Plusnet, but they should test stuff like this in a development environment before pushing it to production, some sites just have a /logout endpoint which invalidates the users login session (cookie), OP could have also just cleared cookies to any plus.net domain and it would have fixed the issue. 

jab1
Legend

Fair enough, @ghamilton123 , but how many people zoom that far on a laptop?

John
ghamilton123
Rising Star

@jab1, not really a zoom thing, its just changing the websites resolution, so realistically its "simulating" other resolutions. 

jab1
Legend

But if you have a screen set at 100% and it displays normally, would you not expect it to 'outgrow' itself if you increased the zoom level - a document does. Sorry - I'm not a developer.

John
ghamilton123
Rising Star

Sites should be built for "responsiveness" to work on all different types of resolutions, I've seen some sites display properly only on 1080p displays, due to the way the developer has designed them, also, frontend/ui is any developers worst nightmare.

If you're using a 1080p display with your taskbar and browser open in full screen, your resolution at 100% will be 1920x973px. Lower resolution displays will exhibit a similar pattern, with larger on-screen elements as the resolution decreases, same rule applies as higher resolutions come into play. 

kjello
Dabbler

Mav: If you reduce the zoom level of the page does the Logout option appear?

Yes! Just a ten per cent reduction did the trick. Many thanks.

kjello
Dabbler

Thanks for your help. resolution was the problem. See below.

kjello
Dabbler

Thanks Jab 1 for your help. As I posted above to Mav:

Thanks for your help,If you reduce the zoom level of the page does the Logout option appear?

Yes! Just a ten per cent reduction did the trick. Many thanks.