Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this real?

FIXED
Airport
Dabbler

Is this real?

Just checked my email to find the following message and I am unsure if it is a scam or not.

293We have reasons to believe that someone have tried to access your Plusnet account on 8/27/2023 08:07:57.512

3B2In order to keep using Plusnet services, you need to prove that you are the right account holder. 6FD
<link removed>
ABA<<<<l

802After your successfully verified your identity, you don`t have to do anything more, you will be able to use your account as usual.765

4BC Please note that if you will ignore this automated email, we may be forced to suspend your account until you will verify it.BA8

5052023 © Plusnet plc • All Rights ReservedF71

Moderator’s Note

Link removed.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this real?

Fix
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@Airport Pure spam - ignore (and report to Plusnet).

John
Airport
Dabbler

Thanks.

philh01

I also received this email today.  i have just spent 30 minutes on the Plusnet website trying to find out how to report it to Plusnet.  Can you provide a link to how to report it, please, if just for the future.

I have found a page about blacklisting, but since I am using Thunderbird that doesn't really apply, as Thunderbird has no blacklisting facility that links back to Plusnet.

I have just deleted the messsage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@philh01 , regarding Thunderbird your best bet would be to enable the Junk settings, and then mark the SPAM message as Junk and ensure it moves to the Junk folder.  As more 'junk' messages accumulate in the Junk folder, Thunderbird will start to recognise the 'pattern' that distinguishes those messages from those you haven't tagged, and will start to automatically filter new junk messages and move them to your Junk folder for review.

Thunderbird junk settings.jpg

Regarding reporting SPAM emails to Plusnet,  this page  How to stay safe online  says -

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 19-08-49 How to stay safe online Help Plusnet.png

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Thanks for letting us know about this, it's deffo a scam and I would need you to forward it to our security team at abuse@plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team