Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report phishing to Plusnet?

Wendy101
Dabbler

How do I report phishing to Plusnet?

Received phishing email titled "You have a new message -- NO: CEC7B292A51F6"

We detected something unusual about a recent login attempt (too many failed login attempts) to your Plusnet account

You don`t have to worry about this because we have blocked the attempt to access your account, however you will need to in order to prove that you are the right account holder.

The link's only valid for 24 hours, so you'd better get a move on.

Clearly phishing & I've reported to 'report@phishing.gov.uk' but you'd kind of think that Plusnet would want to know that someone is sending phishing mails to their customers purporting to be Plusnet (suggesting they may have access Plusnet customer data), but I see from previous posts (& from previously reporting similar by phone) that they don't . 

Moderators Note: Malicious link removed. 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I report phishing to Plusnet?

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 19-08-49 How to stay safe online Help Plusnet.png

peter66

Had exactly the same, hence coming on to this site. Strange that there appears to be no way to contact Plusnet about this!

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 13

Looking around the internet what's worrying is it seems only Plusnet customers are recieving these scam emails.

So it looks like it colud be a Plusnet security breach.............

Anonymous
Not applicable

@peter66 wrote:

Strange that there appears to be no way to contact Plusnet about this!

The other way of looking at it would be - what do you expect Plusnet to do about it if they knew about malicious emails ?

They can't stop the messages being sent from elsewhere, and Plusnet haven't improved or maintained their email platform since around 2007 - so aren't really going make any effort in blocking yet more SPAM being delivered via their servers.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 13

Deleted............

Wendy101
Dabbler

Thanks - I did look for this info before posting but must have missed it.

Have now forwarded the offending email to address provided & asked for a response though I'm not hopeful. At least I didn't get a delivery failure so hopefully the address is still valid.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Thanks for letting us know about this, it's deffo a scam and I would need you to forward it to our security team at abuse@plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Bieffe

Had the same phishing email.  Tried to send it as attachment to "abuse@plusnet.com", but the mail just bounced back. Saying 

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      
Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:
   * abuse@plusnet.com
Reason: A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server ?? responded with: ** abuse@plusnet.com ??:?? This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server .

net.com

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hey there @Bieffe it needs to be abuse@plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team