Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home lab

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Home lab

@corringham isnt the AAISP L2TP service capped at 400Mb ? or 600Mb if you go for the Business service

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Halfhidden
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

What capped as in transfer speed or data usage?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Capped as in transfer speed https://www.aa.net.uk/broadband/l2tp-service/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

There is both a speed and monthly data allowance cap. The speed cap is 400Mbps, and the data allowance is 5TB.

I have symmetric 500Mbps FTTP, but I only use the L2TP for my servers, and my general internet use is just using the bare FTTP. The servers use the upload more than the download, but only a few tens of GB per month, and 400Mbps is more than enough. Latency is low and consistent.

Halfhidden
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Umm, I see.

I'm on 80/20 and when I had a business, it was a takeaway with a self hosted ecommerce domain. It was extremely busy and locally we did more business than McDonalds. It operated just fine on 20mb uploads. But I have sold that business now and use the servers for a history site and would like to add video to the site and that would require a loot of load speed.

The idea of tunnelling sounds good as I can dedicate an ip to each server making dns a lot simpler.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

AAISP's L2TP comes with one IPv4 static address for the £10pm domestic service, but can come with a /29 block on the £15pm business tariff. Both come with a /64 IPv6 block - so if you can use IPv6 there is effectively no limit.

I suspect that they can accommodate most requirements (for a price) if asked (if they can't I don't know who could!).

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'