cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Transfer out of PlusNet - concerned about ambiguity

Ashley_Hinton

Domain Transfer out of PlusNet - concerned about ambiguity

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had issues recently transferring domains out of PN?

The reason for transfer is I want better control of the DNS as I'm moving our email to Office 365, I spoke to PN yesterday and whoever I got through to didn't press the right button to me on hold so I heard him admitting to a colleague he "hasn't got a clue" and that I "wanted to change a domain" - a little bit more clarification and then back on not-hold while the same colleague talked him through the right help desk menus.

I heard the colleague explaining more stuff so hopefully it was also a school day re: domain and tags

I was told 24-72 hours, which I assume - hope - was the usual DNS update caveat rather than how long PN would actually take to change the domain tag. Meanwhile my new domain host it ready to receive the tag on my domain, but checking DNS & whois there doesn't seem to have been much movement.

The open PN support ticket that came through was also bit ambiguous "customer called to change domain, raised" so I responded clarifying what was needed along with the relevant hosting tag to transfer my domain but haven't heard anything back yet. This was yesterday - mid morning.

I don't think this is normal, whenever I've transferred a domain between hosting companies for clients for example from 123Reg to Fasthosts, or a client's previous web designers preferred hosting company to one of the bigger hosting companies it's usually very quick and relatively straightforward. I was hoping to get all this done as the next few weeks are incredibly busy - and that maybe if a staff member from PN is reading this they can pick this up for me.. please 🙂

Thanks,

Ashley

2 REPLIES 2
Ashley_Hinton

Re: Domain Transfer out of PlusNet - concerned about ambiguity

Update - called PN again to learn that the original advisor hadn't indeed raised the ticket properly.

New ticket has now created with the correct details.

Fingers crossed!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Domain Transfer out of PlusNet - concerned about ambiguity

Hey @Ashley_Hinton,

I'm really sorry for any concern that this may have caused. I've had a look at your account now and I can see that the ticket is properly logged with a proper task raised to our Net Ops Team. I'll pass along your feedback so this doesn't happen again. If there are any issues with the transfer, please drop another message onto this thread and we'll get that picked back up for you as soon as possible. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team