Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name

FIXED
yfront
Grafter

Domain Name

Probably off topic for this forum but need advice.

One of my referrals, a business customer of yours, has had to leave Plusnet, they are no longer dealing with business customers..

As advised she contacted BT to arrange the transfer, they BT said they would take care of everything, however nothing was done to arrange the transfer of her domain name.

Her website is now down although, although I understand she has paid Plusnet recently for the domain hosting.

Where do we start to get this resolved.

Thanks

Fred

27 REPLIES 27
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Domain Name

Moderator's note: Topic moved from Broadband to Everything Else.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @yfront 

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened.

BT don't offer any domain or webspace services as far as I'm aware

We should still be able to transfer the domain to a new provider. Once they've decided on who they want to move to if you drop me a PM with the details I'll get that sorted

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Matthew

Thank you for the quick update.

The domain owner has gone walkabout at the moment, but will point her in the right direction on her return.

Thanks

Fred

yfront
Grafter

Matthew

We're now needing some help moving the domain name over to Hostinger.

https://www.whois.com/whois/memorablemomentsnursery.co.uk

We've signed up to https://www.hostinger.co.uk/.

On logging on to Hostinger we have the option to transfer the domain name across but need to enter the Plusnet servers, which I can see on Whois, it seems though we need to log on to the old Plusnet account to get things moving but unable to do so as the account is closed.

Can you help with this.

Pretty please!

Thanks

Fred

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@yfront  -  I've raised a ticket for you to reply to with the IPS tag of the new provider.  Please reply to -> https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=238084842 and let me know on here when you have. Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Ticket updated.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Thanks for letting us know.

I have now raised it up and it can take up to 72 hours.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

We're well past the 72 hours and nothing appears to have happened, any chance of giving this a shove please?

Thanks.

Fred

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

@yfront This was completed on the 7th, you need to complete the transfer on your side now with your new provider. 

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

We are still unable to change the server settings using Hosting's tools.

I've taken this up with Hostinger this is their reply.

Can you help with this?

Thanks

Fred

................................................................................

Thank you so much for your patience.
Upon checking, I found that your domain is indeed under Plusnet service now:
Therefore, in order to connect the domain with Hostinger, you can change the nameservers into:
ns1.dns-parking.com
ns2.dns-parking.com

Or, you may connect the domain to us by using A record. Please add this A record into your Plusnet DNS Management:

Here it is there reference on Plusnet:
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @yfront 

We raised the request to transfer the domain to them but it looks like they've not accepted it fully yet

You'd need to get them to accept the request on their end but if it's timed out let us know and we'll reraise it 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Thanks Matthew 

I've been back in touch with Hostinger, not been impressed with their help and assistance, was really annoyed when they wanted to charge for the domain transfer having been promised this free with 4 years hosting for which we paid over £200.

We've asked for our money back and looking elsewhere for Web hosting which we need to do pronto.

Anyone in the community reading this able to suggest a good domain host for a small business website. 

Thanks to BT for being the root cause of this hassle.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@yfront wrote:

Anyone in the community reading this able to suggest a good domain host for a small business website.

Prices at Mythic Beasts are good - https://www.mythic-beasts.com/hosting - and there's no charge for the domain transfer.

You can also set up the domain at MB beforehand as a 'third party domain' to minimise downtime during the handover.

I found MB initially through recommendations on these forums - moved several domains there in the summer and the hosting has been trouble-free.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
ghamilton123
Rising Star

@Penny those prices are terrible in my opinion especially for limited bandwidth monthly, https://www.spaceship.com/hosting/shared/ offers a plan for $20/yr with more space and unmetered  bandwidth, https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared/ is also good