Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name Renewal - Freenetname

FIXED
Busychip
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Domain Name Renewal - Freenetname

As a user who came to Plusnet via the Freenetname->Brightview->Madasafish->Plusnet route and, I still have a "Free-For-Life" domain name that I original acquired when I joined Freenetname well over 20 years ago. The constant provision of this is a key reason why I have stayed put, as I totally rely on this domain name for email purposes.

Prior to my billing being transferred to Plusnet itself, my domain name was always renewed automatically. However, since being "adopted" by Plusnet, I have had to chase this up via Customer Services every time, and the experience has proved painful. I think the problem may be that only relatively small numbers of customers still have this Free-For-Life domain name facility, so many Customer Services staff are possibly unaware of its existence.

I cannot do the renewal myself, as there is no facility on the Plusnet website. This is probably because Nominet list the Registrar as "Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband [Tag = MADASAFISH]".

Last time around, I received excellent help from one of the Superusers of this forum, who arranged the renewal for me.

My Domain Name is once again due for renewal in a few weeks time and I would very much appreciate some assistance in resolving this same problem.

Anyone out there who can assist me, please?

13 REPLIES 13
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Domain Name Renewal - Freenetname

Hi @Busychip 

If you can drop me a PM with the details I can take a look

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Busychip
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew - PM sent.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Busychip wrote:

My Domain Name is once again due for renewal in a few weeks time ...

The automatic renewal process is reported to run 3 to 2 weeks before expiry.  So there might be no need to panic here.  That said, it has now been picked up by tech support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Busychip
Dabbler

Hi Matthew. PM sent a week ago but, as of this morning, no sign of domain name being renewed yet.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@Busychip - Hiya sorry for the trouble getting this sorted. I don't have the DM to reply to but no trouble. If you could have a look here @ https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=240634145 > Reply to the ticket to confirm > Let us know on here when you have replied > We'll then get the request passed on. Cheers

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Busychip
Dabbler

Hi James. The link in your message doesn't work in taking me to the ticket (Plusnet "Help assistant" now generally dead), but I just received an email sent from Madasafish Support which I'm guessing was sent by yourself.

This email pointed me towards a relevant support ticket (240634145) which has recently been raised on the old Madasafish website. The email also requested that I respond to this ticket by confirming that I want the domain name renewed.

I have now responded to the Madasafish ticket, directly via their website, confirming my request.

Do I need to do anything else at this stage?

Regards - Mike

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hi @Busychip  I have now requested your domain to be renewed. This can take up to 72 hours to update.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The task to renew the domain is still being worked on so we'll update you again on Friday.

Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Friday is more that 72 hours after today ... for a request raised 4 days ago.

Is there a Nominet SLA obligation on registrars for changing ISPTAGs?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Is there a Nominet SLA obligation on registrars for changing ISPTAGs?

Not as such, but from Nominets 'Obligations for all registrars' here https://registrars.nominet.uk/uk-namespace/registrar-agreement/registrar-obligations/

Act promptly on a reasonable request from registrants to makes changes to their domain names

Busychip
Dabbler

Thank you for the update, James.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Busychip - No trouble bye for now.

Plusnet Help Team
Busychip
Dabbler

Fix

Looks like the renewal has now been done. Many thanks for your help, James, Claudia, Matthew, et al. Plusnet comes up with the goods once again!