cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL checker on SOGEA

zpeterk
Grafter

DSL checker on SOGEA

I have just had my line changed to SOGEA as it is cheaper, how do you obtain the DN/ALID to use the DSL checker as I have no phone number now?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DSL checker on SOGEA

I asked that question over a year ago (pre-SOGEA) here and there has never been a satisfactory response 🙄

What is needed is for Plusnet to display the BBEU and ALID information somewhere in the "Member Centre", 

because this is going to become an increasingly asked question, as phone numbers become disassociated from the DSL.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Does it not show as BBEU in one of the closed tickets on the account, when the circuit is provisioned ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Can you not use the Address version?

Otherwise how about the UPRN checker. You can find your properties UPRN here

https://www.findmyaddress.co.uk/

Brian

zpeterk
Grafter

You can use the address one but that doesn't give you the current connection speed.

I have been through the tickets and I can't find a reference to BBEU

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@zpeterk 

How about the UPRN checker?

Brian

zpeterk
Grafter

The UPRN checker doesn't give full details either

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@zpeterk  How about looking at the router stats to see your connection speed? Seems the easiest way, rather than using the checker.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RealAleMadrid  for me using the BTW Performance Tester is not about connection speed, I want to know the BTW IP Profile figure - so I can use that to set my router's QoS in order to maintain low latency. I also need the BTW IP Profile because my Plusnet Current Line Speed  has a history of being wrong, or being set to random value, so I need the proof of the real IP Profile value so that I have the evidence when I contact Plusnet support to have the Current Line Speed corrected to an acceptable value - seeing as Plusnet's automated profile update process has been broken for YEARS.

If there was another way of getting the BTW IP Profile, then I wouldn't bother with the BTW Performance Tester  as all the other reported info is inaccurate, or can be better measured with a SamKnows Whitebox, etc