cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS servers offline?

FIXED
colbrad
Grafter

Re: DNS servers down (previous topic deleted)

@dvorak wrote:

@colbrad wrote:

Would this affect my Plusnet Mobile connection too? It seems to have gone down now 🙄

Not if using data, but if you're using your phone on the wifi it will.

Yes I'm using 4G on my phone. I switched off wifi on the phone to tether the computer to get on here. Seems to be back on now.

Moongrazer
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: No broadband

Fix

Somebody turned it off and on again. 🙂

Working fine for me now (although I'm back using Cloudflare just so I don't have to mess about with it if it goes off again tonight).

gc666

Re: Internet

Crappy customer service phone line closes ar 8pm ... So like the rest of us, you're stuffed till 8am tmora ... I'm binning these idiots off, by far the worst service in the UK ... 100% [-Censored-]
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 4

The PlusNet DNS service is (or was) down. The multiple posts here have been merged but, unfortunately in a way that means they're not really obvious any more.....

Note to Mods: We appreciate your work but maybe create a new highly visible explanatory titled thread first then just lock the others with a reference/link to it?

PS I think it's all fixed now.

Drifter25

Same here. I came to try find an answer but no luck yet.
jwsg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: DNS servers offline?

MacOS10
Grafter

Same here, went off around 9pm tonight - currently having to use a BT hotspot - seems widespread problem across the U.K. on various troubleshooting sites. Not that PlusNet will admit to any issues of course! Not the first time this has happened recently, same thing a few weeks ago.

my router is reporting that it’s connected, IP addresses and gateway look correct, but nothing loading and diagnostics report “No internet connection”

Nic68
Hooked

No I’m in Northumberland
justmeme239

Go to your network card settings and IPV4 and change your DNS to manual and use 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4,and you will be back up 

Drifter25

Seems to be fixed now👍
Jh47
Dabbler

This is about the 3rd time in a week that it is not possible to connect to Plusnet Servers.  Last time I had to turn the router off and then back on before I could get an internet connection.  What's more frustrating is they have offered no explanation.  We are paying for a service we are not always getting which is making me consider moving to one of the other providers who are constantly offering me deals.  Anyone else feel the same? OR had anyone been advised of the reason?

peteprodge
Hooked

I've simply had enough of the outages. This isn't the first by any means. The woeful lack of communication on this, and having to be something of a techie to get yourself back online (yeah, I know what DNS is, but your average internet user won't know), it's a service 'no longer of merchantable quality', as the trades description act would say.

You can't be a major ISP and rely on an 8am-8pm support team, these days it has to be 24/7.

The only reason I got back online was by (after jumping to my mobile's hotspot) reading the advice of other PlusNet users on social media. Not an official word from PlusNet itself. It's truly embarrassing. Also, the speed of this web server has gone slower than a snail swimming in superglue. It's clear not much computing/networking resource has been allocated to it.

My contract's up in January but I'm looking for any feasible way to jump ship right now. There's no way I can carry on with ISP this atrocious.

JSHarris
Aspiring Pro

There's a useful lesson to be learned here.  For those in mobile "not spots", once the PSTN shuts down then presumably outages like this will take down VOIP phones.  Not great for anyone that may need to call the emergency services.  Definitely worth investing in a reliable alternative means of making an emergency phone call, if at all possible.   Pity Starlink is so pricy, as that might be a good option as a backup (for those like us that cannot get enough signal to get a mobile phone to work)

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hmm well, this thread took some finding when I couldn't get back to my earlier post. It's way down the bottom of the list.

Top of the list under Service Information (where you'd expect to find something) is : "Contact Centre Closure - Monday 19th September 2022" What!

chichman
Grafter