cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change address on Openreach database

FIXED
abc1

Change address on Openreach database

I moved to a new address just over 1 year ago, and there was a problem with our postcode not linking to the correct address on various websites. We struggled to sign up online to a broadband provider online because of it, but managed to get set-up with Plusnet over the phone. I updated our address details with Royal Mail which has worked on all websites apart from telecom companies, which still display the old incorrect details. This is preventing me from easily switching broadband supplier, or even from renewing/upgrading my Plusnet account online.

Reading other forum entries I suspect the problem lies with the Openreach database being incorrect. Can one of the help team in the community help me by sending an address amend request to the Openreach data integrity team please? I've tried calling customer services but they didn't really understand the problem and just simply updated my Plusnet billing address.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Change address on Openreach database

Fix

Thanks for your post @abc1 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues updating your address.

I've looked into this for you and from what I can see the address shown on PAF (Postcode Address File) Here matches word for word the address of what our suppliers hold. I can though see the address on your account is slightly different and if this is correct, then Royal Mail's PAF would need to be updated before we can request it's updated with Openreach.

Regarding renewing your contract or upgrading, this would actually be a different issue, and I suspect this is because broadband products sold over a phone line can no longer be provided in your area, because our suppliers have upgraded it, so you can get fibre straight to the property (FTTP, also known as full fibre).

We can manually renew your contract without making any changes to your service, but that's about it sadly as we're not yet offering FTTP as a product. If you'd like to renew, I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632. They'll be here until 6pm today and 8am to 8pm during the week and 9am to 7pm Saturday's.

Let me know though if you've got further queries and if you can see the address on PAF correct, could you private message me your full address so I can take a closer look into this for you? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

abc1

Thanks @Gandalf for your speedy reply and very helpful information - good to know the address details on Openreach matches that with Royal Mail.

Yes - we just had FFTP people digging up our street, and I didn't realise this meant that providers would be unable to offer new copper-wire packages in our area - a shame as the FTTP packages are considerably more expensive!

I've called the customer options team and they have renewed my current package over the phone - thanks for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @abc1 and cheers for renewing with us. Thumbs_Up

No problem, I've updated the address on your account to reflect PAF & Openreach now. 

Being able to upgrade to FTTP doesn't always mean we can't provide FTTC or ADSL, but there are some FTTP locations that are called "WLR Stop Sell" which is basically the gradual withdrawal of copper services.

We've got plans in the not too distant future to provide FTTP, so perhaps you may change your mind about it then. Smiley

Let me know if you've got further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@abc1 

I'm not sure I fully understand not offering new copper products. I know the copper PTSN is being withdrawn but I thought the copper line to the premise was still available for FTTC - even if FTTP is available.

It would be interesting to see the results from the following Checker. Hide your phone number but include the narrative below the results in the screen image.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Brian

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

If I recall correctly, the availability checker in these scenarios only shows WBC FTTP as available. 

I don’t know the justification behind the stop sell, rather than a withdrawal (with notice) at the right time, but there’s more information here > https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/product-withdrawal/stop-sells-updates if you’ve not already seen. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button