cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant log on to my hosted site

Gazztee
Hooked

Re: Cant log on to my hosted site

I would have been happier carrying this out on filezilla or something more intuitive than what I am presented from plusnet site perhaps as you possibly have more intuitive software and more experience in these things if you could facilitate this? you have my permission

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

You can use any FTP client to access your webspace.

I'll take a look tomorrow...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gazztee
Hooked

Having done that the error has changed… the main site now says it can’t find its database (http://mysite.co.uk/), and the installation page is suggesting that the database settings in the wp-config.php file are incorrect (http://mysite/wp-admin/install.php) .

The error is quite generic – but either the hostname, username, or password would appear to be incorrect.  Perhaps you  can assist with how we can verify these details?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Gazztee - right, I've moved all of the quarantined content back to orginal locations.

The credentials for one of your databases looked to have changed. This was fine when I last checked so I'm guessing our hosting partner has been trying to fix things in response to the support ticket I raised.

I have reset the password on one of your databases and updated the Wordpress instance accordingly and pleased to say there now seems to be some life in your site.

Not knowing how it's structured, there's a possibility that other areas might need some reconfiguration, however I'll drop you a note in private with some further guidance.

To conclude, this is *way* beyond the level of support we would normally be able to provide although I recognise the issue seemingly arose due to activities outside of your control.

Make sure all of your content/CMS installs are fully patched/updated and it would also probably be wise to take regular backups from here-on-in.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵