Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tls certificate error

mavison
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: tls certificate error

Yup - my phone received many emails from IMAP this afternoon, and I have just checked the POP3 server and that also receives emails without problem.

It seems the problems have been fixed, but some comnent from Plusnet about why there have been two certificate problems with email servers in a week, and what has been done to ensure they will not happen again would be good.

ChrisH

Agreed! What is of concern [with the K9 mail client at least] is that you are offered the option of accepting and installing the un-authenticated cert. Mrs H pointed out the mail checking issue to me before I noticed it asking if she should just do that and carry on! Aye it might have worked, but could equally be a man-in-the-middle attempt... so this has potential security implications.
I don't know about through today, but I did not see any notification about the PlusNet eMail service having any issue (it was the first thing I looked for yesterday... after digging around for ages looking for service details) which is a bit below par for an ISP as established as PlusNet.
Anyway, I've had a busy day away but now I'm back I'm happy to see all looking as it should be this evening.
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Yes all seems to be working now.

@adam945 Thanks for getting this resolved, but would be interested to know why it happened in first place.