cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some incoming business emails being blocked?

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Some incoming business emails being blocked?

@jab1  Are you using the Plusnet spam service ?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Champnet Nope - that's been 'not in use' for a long time, all my filtering is done via MW.

John
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

@jab1  That may answer @Dalesman ‘s question “How can this affect some Plusnet addresses and not other?”

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It would help with discussions if these issues were raised direct with the support desk and their responses be reported back here. Profiling questionable spam filtering is of particular interest to the SUs.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dalesman
Grafter

@Townman Just spent an hour on the phone to Customer Support. They broke off several times to talk (I think) to their back office. No resolution so far, as they are basically stumped. For back office to investigate further, they say they MUST have message headers for any undeliverable message which senders receive when this happens. This is quite a big ask and assumes that businesses, even those with an IT department, can be bothered to help to that extent. 

Interestingly, and this is a good one, the CS agent could see that Plusnet emailed me (probably an automated email) on 18th March and that too bounced back. Unfortunately, they can't use the undeliverable message header from that one because they are only kept for 7 days.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@Dalesman on the spam filter settings, have you tried with spam filtering enabled but with 'discard obvious spam' unchecked

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dalesman
Grafter

@MisterW  Oh, no I don't think I've tried that - I'll give it a go. What's the thinking behind it?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

AIUI it stops the system automatically discarding what it believes is definitely spam. Further down on the spam settings , It then allow you to specify the spam scoring and actions for what exceeds the spam score.

You MAY then able to adjust the spam score to get rid of the real spam and still get the ones that are currently being dropped in error, by looking at the spam score in the headers.

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

MW = mailwasher?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Have a paper star, @greygit1 

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@dalesnan

Thank you for your preservation with this. The feedback from the helpdesk engagement is very helpful. I will cite this post in the internal discussions on business process improvement.