cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up an email account

Reefraider

Setting up an email account

Hi peoples have just joined plusnet today and want to set up a plusnet email account . I have tried following the help video but it's no help whatsoever the Web pages seem to me to be out of date. So any pointers on how to set up greatly received. If this is the wrong place to post please be nice to a plusnet newbie.

18 REPLIES 18
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Setting up an email account

@Reefraider Since mid last year (June, IIRC), Plusnet do not support email accounts for new customers. What gave you the idea they did, in case we need to advise them to change their documentation?

John
Reefraider

Just assumed they did as I transfered from BT. And when I Googled it it gave me instructions on where to set up etc, obviously didn't work so asked the question. Thanks for the info will keep using my BT addres.

jab1
Legend

Google is not always correct! 😉

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Thanks for the info will keep using my BT addres.

@Reefraider I would check what happens to your BT address once you've left...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to Email.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@MisterW 

"Thanks for the info will keep using my BT addres.

@Reefraider I would check what happens to your BT address once you've left..."

I moved from BT to Plusnet about 2.5 years ago.

I was told by BT at the time, that provided I logged in to my BT Email "regularly", the account would remain open indefinitely - but in a "basic" form. They defined "basic" as meaning that it would only be accessible via Webmail - not dedicated email client software.

I still receive the occasional email to that account, and still access it via Thunderbird.

My family's two "sub" accounts are the same.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I was told by BT at the time, that provided I logged in to my BT Email "regularly", the account would remain open indefinitely - but in a "basic" form. They defined "basic" as meaning that it would only be accessible via Webmail - not dedicated email client software.

@Mr_Paul that was my understanding. Obviously they dont stick to that rigidly since you can still access it not from Webmail!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SwissRoll
Dabbler

"Plusnet do not support email accounts for new customers. "

Do they support new e-mail accounts for existing customers? I've been a customer for years and would like to create an e-mail account for my wife. Is that possible?

jab1
Legend

If you have had email for that length of time - have you used it? Setting up a second mailbox is simple - see instructions in 'Manage my Mail'.

John
SwissRoll
Dabbler

And where is that? It doesn't appear to be on

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@SwissRoll login to the member centre and click  the 'Manage account' icon, at the bottom of the page should be a 'Manage your Plusnet Mailboxes' link. If its not there then you could try the url https://www.plus.net/manage_my_mail directly when logged in.

jab1
Legend

Log im to your account>manage account>manage your mailboxes (at the bottom)

John
SwissRoll
Dabbler

Thanks chaps. I got it. Looks like I can add a new mail account for her.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@SwissRoll 

Just be aware that PN could withdraw e-mails services in the future. There was a lot of speculation about this a couple of years back.

Brian