Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Morning all, I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience caused.

Please see here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Plusnet-email-login/m-p/1837590#M353 for the latest update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: No Email Access

I have succeeded in getting the emails from all of my four mailboxes. The first attempt only retrieved my main account, with timeouts/bad response reports on the others, but subsequent calls have not raised any error messages.

All expected mail has been received, but based on comments from @adam945 , I'm expecting things to stay 'wobbly' for a while.

John
jezport
Dabbler

Re: email service - missing emails

On the webmail I get no messages but if I click to download messages I see there is a (59) in the inbox tab but I see no emails

fox65
Grafter

Thank you for letting us know I did get some emails through this morning but sending is not so good, fingers crossed things will soon be back to normal.

Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

Just adding my issues to this thread. I’m an ex Madasafish customer (Madasafish took over my original supplier Freenetname) so I’ve had this account/email for over 20 years. Disappointing to hear that Plusnet are considering ending this service since I didn’t have any choice when they bought out my old supplier, I was happily paying for until Plusnet switched to a free service.

I’m still experiencing email issues so as a customer, free service or not, I’m hoping it is resolved quickly. It’s still not working as of 8:37am today.

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Lunar_Jetman wrote:

free service or not

I don't consider it a free service; it is only available if we pay a monthly fee. Im my view, that fee is for broadband, phone AND email.

jezport
Dabbler

Lunar_Jetman

Im with madasafish and have not heard they are ending my email service.  Where did you hear this?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Lunar_Jetman I am not certain that the reports of the imminent demise of PN email are correct - those claiming to have been told this seem reluctant to answer my query as to the authority of the information.

You may still have intermittent issues today - I suspect from the severity of yesterdays outage that it may take a while to recover fully.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Unacceptable Service - Email Outage

Good Morning @RoryG, I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please see here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Plusnet-email-login/m-p/1837590#M353 for the latest update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
RoryG
Grafter

I had email coming in from around midnight until just after 06:30, nothing since although both my Mac and iPad appear to be logging in. Sent a test message to my plus net work email at 08:00 and it's still not appeared. Can't log in to webmail either.

Please get this fixed ASAP, and can you assure us that all the emails will get through eventually? I had a customer who sent an email yesterday which I still have not received.

mikejohnsmith
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I have about 40 emails shown in an imap session, missing at least 100 maybe 150 emails. . I can log into my webmail but nothing shown there, unable to log into my wifes webmail. Plusnet need to come clean and advise if the system was receiving emails and may have lost them, or that they are still in a process of restoring them, or that the mail server failed to receive the emails so in this case the sender should know the mail didn't get through..

The biggest negative is the lack of clarity from Plusnet. Just saying we know what the problem is, and working to fix it, isn't particularly helpful.

bazzer
Pro

Where Are My Emails?

Email down over 24hrs. Now logged in but no mails coming through since the downtime. Will I receive these?
Same old errors day in day out, been going on for years, PN do nothing about it.
It’s like a magic show, delete emails to try and keep everything tidy, but no, they reappear again.
Utter waste of time.
Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

@jab1 Fair enough. Just responding to this thread so I guess without any evidence it’s premature to get too worked up. It’s good to hear there are a few others in the same situation though. I always felt I was one of only a handful of people!

Lunar_Jetman
Dabbler

@jezport From this thread. Several people claiming to have been told that Plusnet are planning to end email services in a year or two. No evidence to support that yet though.

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Where Are My Emails?

Mine came through at 08.25hrs. Hope that yours do too.