cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to email

mac51
Grafter

No access to email

I have been running down my use of my plusnet email address due to the future uncertainty of service,. However for a few days now both my and my wife's access to the server have been failing with the message "login to server mail.pus.net with username xxxxxx failed". I can't find a way way of managing mail from my account and cannot login to webmail.

Can someone please shed any light?

7 REPLIES 7
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Re: No access to email

Hiya @mac51

I'm really sorry you are experiencing this issue and I can imagine the frustrations this is causing. 

Could you send me a screenshot and description of the the error you get when trying to log into webmail? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mac51
Grafter

Thanks, Sammy,

I'm struggling with a screen shot from Windows but the login screen for webmail just shows a pink banner at the top saying "login failed" . I've checked that I'm using my PlusNet account name and password which works ok elsewhere.

I still have no link to manage email on the account homepage.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@mac51 wrote:

I still have no link to manage email on the account homepage.

Not even right at the bottom, as in the screenshot below?

Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 16-35-02 Manage account Member Centre Plusnet.png

John
mac51
Grafter

No. I have the other three, Additional Support, Referrals, and Marketing preferences headings but no link to manage mailboxes. Something's been changed somewhere.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Sounds like there is something wrong with your account details then - but I don't know what.

John
mac51
Grafter

Thanks, I think you must be right. Hopefully the team will pick it up soon.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi @mac51,

Could you drop me a private message with the account username you're using? I see you have two accounts; one is a broadband account with no email component attached, and one is a free email account.

I can't confirm the full username publicly but the right username to check your emails should begin with j. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet