cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SENT details

thebeehive
Dabbler

No SENT details

My husband's email account disappeared from the PC about 6 weeks ago.  I deleted everything from his account and re input  the settings.  Since then the sent box does not show any emails being sent.  This is the same when logging into the server, the last sent email is June 2013.  What do you think is the problem?
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: No SENT details

Since then the sent box does not show any emails being sent
If the account on the PC is configured for pop3 email then the sent box on that PC will ONLY contain emails sent from that PC. Deleting the account will probably have deleted the original sent box and so you will only see emails sent after that.
This is the same when logging into the server,
I presume you mean Webmail, that uses IMAP and so will use the sent folder on the server. Unless you have any other IMAP mail clients then that again will ONLY show emails sent from Webmail. You CAN configure your PC client to use IMAP instead of pop3 and thus use the server folders.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thebeehive
Dabbler

Well, the content in the SENT folder on the PC is the same as that on WEBMAIL sent folder.  The last sent item was 23/06/2013. In both but does not show items sent after that date.  Why do you think that is? Huh
kmilburn
Grafter

Depending on the email client,  it may be storing the sent mail locally,  even when using IMAP,  and your looking in the server folder.
There is usually an option in the server setting to tell it which folder to use for sent and delete mail.
Alternatively,  the client could have the setting turned off to copy the mail to the sent folder.
Knowing which EMail client your using,  and confirmation on whether it's  configured to use IMAP or POP may help identify the problem.