Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message text not displaying on IPad

LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Message text not displaying on IPad

I received an email which originally displayed perfectly well on my IPad. However after I replied to it the text disappeared and was replaced with "This is a multi-part message in MIME format" followed by dots and dashes. 

What does this this mean and how do I disable it. Past posts on the subject seem historic. 

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Message text not displaying on IPad

Was the reply done on your iPad and has text corruption happened with any other messages you've replied to?

Does the message shown as corrupted on your iPad still display properly if you view it using webmail?

David
LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Message text not displaying on IPad

Yes,  the reply was done on the IPad and was received. The response had my reply but not original email content. I forwarded the original email to my gmail and and original message came up as being from system administrator root@localhost. Have tried sending/forwarding messages from Plusnet mailboxes but any with images will not send. No problem sending those type of messages from gmail account on same IPad. The original email is still showing normally on my iPhone. I haven’t checked mt home laptop as am on holiday.