cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Force9 Email Accounts if I leave to a new ISP

hmac008

Maintaining Force9 Email Accounts if I leave to a new ISP

I have had an F9 account for about 20 years and have taken benefit of the option to create as many alias's as needed under the description@username.force9.co.uk protocol - mainly to skim off/redirect junk mail

As Plusnet is not able to provide FTTP currently (or it seems in the near future) I am looking at other ISPs to get access to ultra-Fast BB - which is available from OpenReach/Sky etc. in my street

My concern is that I will lose access to all of the F9 email accounts (and therefore have to update 100's of user profiles that I have created over the years) - can this be avoided

I see that @Gandalf has posted on this subject in the past, but the threads suggest that whether you can or cannot is very dependent on the user's account type and account history

Have there been any definitive guidelines issued on this subject ? What are my options?

2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Maintaining Force9 Email Accounts if I leave to a new ISP

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Email.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Maintaining Force9 Email Accounts if I leave to a new ISP

If you can drop me a PM at @Gandalf once your account’s cancelled, we can try but I can’t promise we can as the ‘official’ guidance is no, due to the way our systems work, as complications may happen when trying to convert a legacy Force9 account to email only. 

An alternative to taking the risk in losing your Force9 email addresses is to hold out, if you can, for us to offer FTTP, though I can’t confirm when we’ll be doing so. 

If you do go down the path of cancelling your account, make a note of all your mailboxes, aliases, redirects, settings you may have at Manage My Mail (plus.net/email) as this will make things a lot easier to recreate afterwards, if we’re successful in converting your account. 

Thanks for your loyalty either way over the last 20 years!

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button