Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group emails from gmail accounts rejected : "552 Spam Message Rejected"

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Group emails from gmail accounts rejected : "552 Spam Message Rejected"

Myself and another SU are poking around this space, bringing about an update on the previous report. Now both email hosts report a spam score - which is identical.

In other words the other provider which was not flagging the content as spam, is now doing so.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

piersg
Grafter

We've another mass mailing of the same type in a month - I'll report back how it went afterwards!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Feedback on your experience would be interesting!!

Question: how is your mass-mailing performed?

• One email mass copied (by BCC) to addressees without a TO addressee
  • As above with a TO addressee (real or dummy)
  • One copy sent TO each addressee

Myself and another SU are trying to gather evidence to inform a discussion...

We have some theories, which are not well formed and might not be solidified as in doing so we might learn "too much" about how the SPAM profiling works.  That would be like giving away the keys to the bank's security vault.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Question: how is your mass-mailing performed?

One email mass copied (by BCC) to addressees without a TO addressee

I'm fairly sure that the OP doesnt use this method BUT for anyone else who uses this simple method to send to a fixed mailing list e.g local club, investigation has shown that this is not a good idea.

An email to a single specified TO address with a newsletter attached resulted in a spam score of 0 both to a Plusnet email address and an externally hosted domain address. Sending exactly the same attached newsletter but now using the BCC field to include the two addresses ( with nothing in the TO :), resulted in a Spam score of 4.9 to the external mail address and 5.0 to the Plusnet address. Adding a valid address in the TO: field reduced the spam scores to 0 and 0.1 respectively.

Depending on how a Plusnet subscriber has their Spam settings configued , a score of 5.0 could well result in rejection.

piersg
Grafter

Hi - not sure whether this was aimed at me or OP, but our emails are sent individually with the addressee in the To: field. Smaller emails from the same source are delivered successfully, but the larger (2MB) emails are bounced as SPAM.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

@piersg sorry my mistake , I thought you were the OP.  I'd guessed you sent them individually via your mailing system