cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails I send with attachments or containing links are not being received

Dimple
Hooked

Emails I send with attachments or containing links are not being received

Since the beginning of January emails I send with attachments or including links are not being received. 

I use the Apple email client on my iPad . Emails appear in the Sent folder but never arrive. The problem also manifests itself when I email my wife on her plusnet email.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Emails I send with attachments or containing links are not being received

@Dimple If you are using the Apple mail program, then it would possibly be a good idea to ask Apple?

John
Dimple
Hooked

The emails appear in my Sent folder so they are received by the plus.net mail service but not being sent to the recipient. 

Also discovered this morning webmail isn’t working. 

Dimple
Hooked

When I say Webmail isn’t working I mean I can send an email from Webmail but it doesn’t arrive. Definitely a service issue.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

@Dimple more likely that your emails with attachements or links are being classified as spam by the receivers mail service.

Are you sending from an <account>.plus.com address or using your own domain address ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

@Dimple wrote:

The emails appear in my Sent folder so they are received by the plus.net mail service but not being sent to the recipient. 

Also discovered this morning webmail isn’t working. 

But you say in your initial post 'I use the Apple email client on my iPad .' - which suggested to me that you were sending from your iPad via the iPad mail servers - sorry if I've misinterpreted what you mean.

John
Dimple
Hooked

I first noticed the problem when sending from Apple mail client. Then tried Webmail to determine if it was the mail client or Plusnet service. 

I can email my wife (via Apple client & Webmail) who is on Plusnet & she doesn’t always receive the messages. 

Will call support this afternoon. It started about 3 weeks ago after all of my emails disappeared & I asked support to restore them. Not sure if this is coincidence or not. 

Dimple
Hooked

My email client sends to Plusnet servers - nothing to do with Apple mail servers

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

This needs some precise information. Email client is irrelevant.

Sending email address…

You@youraccount.plus.com or you@yourdomaon.co.ulk

Reviving address: Is the wife’s address on the same Plusnet account?

Can you send successfully a blank email (just “test” in the subject line)?

If you send the problem email to both yourself and your wife, do either of you receive it?

Is your email application connection to the sntp server authenticated?

What’s the spam settings on your account?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.