Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Plusnet hosted domain not appearing in inbox

Kiwi2
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Email to Plusnet hosted domain not appearing in inbox

I have a domain hosted by Plusnet. Since Thursday any email sent to xxx@mydomain.net disappears. If I send to my actual plusnet email xxx@myuser.plus.com then it appears fine. I did a chat yesterday and the analyst raised a ticket (INFOPS-16140) but said it could take days for anyone to look at it.

Is anyone having similar problems, to suggest anything to try?

Kiwi

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: Email to Plusnet hosted domain not appearing in inbox

@Kiwi2  it doesn't appear to be a general problem since my hosted domain is still receiving email.

Have you checked that the domain is still showing correctly on your account and that it hasn't expired ?

I'm sure one of the PN help team will try and help shortly, although I'm not sure there's much they will be able to do as it will likely need Networks to look into it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kiwi2
Grafter

Hi Mr W,

You make an interesting point. The domain is showing as:

Registration Renewal Date: 2019-07-03

Current Choice: Renew

That sounds to me like it should be automatically renewed by Plusnet. Do you know whether the Renewal Date is the most recent renewal (all is OK) or when it should be renewed (sounds like it hasn't been)?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Hmmm , that doesn't sound like the domain is on automatic renewal !

For info mine says

**** due to expire on 2020-06-21

We will renew this domain automatically for you, if you don't want us to renew your domain 'click here'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kiwi2
Grafter

On the back of your response I just did a chat and the agent says that this means it did renew on that date. 

A bit of a coincidence that email stopped working around the same time though.

Thanks for the idea though

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Just to confirm , was the information on the renewal from the PlusNet system or from a whois lookup ? The whois will be definitive so if you haven't tried that the I would suggest you do , just to confirm what the agent said as not too many agents are familiar with domains.

For example my whois ( http://whois.domaintools.com ) shows

Dates

4,398 days old
Created on 2007-06-21
Expires on 2020-06-21
Updated on 2019-05-24

Kiwi2
Grafter

Good point again.

WhoIs says

6,942 days old
Created on 2000-07-03
Expires on 2019-07-03
Updated on 2019-07-04

Somewhat confusing, but that would indicate that it's expired wouldn't it?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That's correct, it's not been renewed. As I half suspected, the agent you spoke with wasn't familiar with domain hosting.

Let me try and escalate this thread up to the PN help team to see if I can get some more experienced assistance

SU Escalation

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for the confusing tickets regarding this @Kiwi2.

I've had a look over the account and it looks like this was raised with the relevant department yesterday, it generally doesn't take too long to get these picked up, so I'd imagine you'll receive an update regarding the renewal of the domain early next week.

Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Kiwi2
Grafter

Thanks for your help Harry