Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email system failing today

terryb44
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Email system failing today

Same here I'm afraid. My Webmail has been down since yesterday when Thunderbird said it couldn't connect to the IMAP server. Thought it was just me, but obviously not! At least I don't have to try and find a fix at my end anyway!

MG56
Hooked

Many thanks for doing that.

I dont see any input from PlusNet staff yet, but on the bright side my Outlook connected totalise mailbox is working this morning and has downloaded emails back to early Tuesday morning.

And I'm one of those customers who first subscribed to Totalise in the late 1990s

Boeing757

Mine seems to be working correctly now - all folders have returned in IOS and are complete

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Yes. Starting to see listed folders and partial Inbox contents in Squirrel mail. But still timing out on IMAP.

teamdb
Grafter

Mines working as well, this level of outage is unacceptable these days, with the prevalence of 2FA codes that come via email, not an issue of course if through a dedicated app, but for those sites that only send via email then it's a massive fail!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

A general comment - technology, especially electronic, does have a slight tendency to fall over.

John
TrevorAtNo16
Dabbler

Fully functional again now, still a bit slow, 11:11, 17/8/23

Lack of feedback and slow response to initial reports of the problem is a poor advert for PN, not on my shortlist for when my broadband contract expires.

quelquod
Pro

It’s standard practice at PN now sadly. Do nothing until a stream of complaints turns up on the forum then have a yawn and drift back to the computers without bothering to update the CS staff who remain blissfully unaware of anything. Really sad how far down things have got.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
PeterB1
Rising Star

Mine is absolutely not "fully functional".

IMAP still completely kaput on all devices: PC/Outlook365 +iPhone/Mail + Plusnet webmail.

The onty exceptions, curiously enough, are emails alerting me to posts in this forum which arrive in my iPhone Inbox (some of them sent several times) but not on my PC.

No othe emails are being received anywhere and synchronising across devices only gets server errors.

The poor souls in Customer Services are being given no information at all - and my request to speak to a ,supervisor was refused (by the supervisor).

I can live with technical problems (these things happen) but the lack of information for customers is genuinely  outrageous.

I seem to recall from the last time PN email collapsed that the entire email system is contracted out rather than managed in-house by PN.

It seem the contractors are not up to the job.

Quernsgate

No emails received into Outlook 2019 since yesterday morning but I have been able to send. Tried webmail with Firefox, no success but recently use Edge and webmail worked albeit rather slow. 

BUT tried Outlook and when synchronising it EMPIED my inbox. Rather worrying!

snowdon
Hooked

All my emails are now back is that the same for the rest of you

Hiems89
Grafter

My iPhone keeps trying to download my Sent messages, gets up to the full count, and then nothing appears.
So, no, not working for everyone yet, unfortunately.
PeterB1
Rising Star

All of s sudden everything seems (repeat 'seems') to be working normally for me again.

I can send and receive emails on all devices and the folders are synchronising properly.

A team somewhere probably worked very hard to make this happen and deserve credit for that, but they probably won't get it because all the chat - quite justifiably - will be about Plusnet's inablity to communicate properly with customers - or indeed communicate at all.

remmington1

Mine working now...  

Hiems89
Grafter

Mine is working now, too.

If someone from the PlusNet staff would like to give a brief explanation here, I am sure we would all be very happy to heap praise on the team that fixed the problem.