cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting email address

CCB2

Deleting email address

I need to delete an email address (webmail) that I used for my small business which is no longer trading but my other half's personal email (webmail) uses the same @ part.  If I delete my unwanted address will it affect my other half's email?

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Deleting email address

You cannot delete the primary mailbox, but any secondary mail box can be deleted independently of any other.

See the manage my mail option in the user portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CCB2

Thank you your reply, unfortunately i can build a computer but software and programmes are a bit of a mystery!  So which is my primary mailbox? I also have an email address, my personal one which is the one that I set up when I signed up with Plusnet...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Go to Manage your Plusnet mailboxes.

That will list your mailboxes.

At the top of the table you will see...

Note: If an email is sent to your account to an address not in this list, the email will be delivered to ?????@youraccount.plus.com. To change this setting use the Catch all tab.

That is the DEFAULT account - others will be listed below and offer the option to delete them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CCB2

My webmail addresses do not appear in the list of mailboxes here......

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That is most odd.  All email addresses on your Plusnet account will appear there.  There are though some considerations!

• If your email addresses relate to a LEGACY account (for example one of the other brands or a previous account with Plusnet) they will not appear in your current account
  • That page lists the mail addresses in blocks of 10 (see the 1-10 / 11-20 / 21-30 etc., lists selections)

Your "webmail" addresses (other than IDENTITIES you created for SENDING emails) are the same as those listed in the portal.  Some clearer detail of how you have been using email and exactly what you want to do, might help us to offer further advice.

CCB2

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have the one email account which I set up when I joined Plusnet which is '@madasafish.com' and which I assume is what you call a legacy account.

I also set up 2 webmail accounts ending in the same @ but not madasafish, one being for my my business which is now dissolved and I have retired and I therefore do not need and the other being my good lady's email which uses the same @, and which I need to retain. I have changed the part before the @ part of my old business address everywhere I could find it with some success and also checked that the servers are the same as they were.

If I try to send an email to my @madasafish.com address from the modified business address it does not go the the @madasafish address but appears in the inbox of the address I sent it from!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi there,

If you go to the Additional Mailboxes in the Madasafish portal, you should see a list of your mailboxes you have setup. Deleting one of them won't affect the other. There's a guide Here if it helps.

Let me know if you need any further help though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet