Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

Bob,
Thanks to you and Joanne for correcting this. I realise that it seems churlish to be quibbling over an overcharge of £1-50 so I am dropping it.
I would say that since the NEW Anytime was brought forward to 19 December, the change should have been implemented on the first Billing date after 19 December, NOT the first billing date after 4 January 2011. My two referral accounts were also expecting this to happen and it hasn't.
VinylLover
Dabbler

I've changed packages from Unlimited to Extra because of the outrageous £5 extra cost. I have just discovered I have been billed £18.74 >:(& Plusnet expect me to set-up a DD facility so they can help themselves to  my account. From speaking with the Call Center the explanation is I have been charged the extra £1.50 for using a credit card when that extra charge doesn't come into effect until 1st February. The agent offered to deduct the overpayment from my next bill, not good enough! I had to be forceful & explain I wanted a credit paid to my credit card & I quote "but that will cost us money"!! Eventually I got agreement Plusnet will refund the £1.50 but it will take 7 - 10 days. The real point of this post is Plusnet expect me to set-up a DD facility so they can help themselves to my account & from other posts I only get 3 days notice. Therefore if they make an error by the time it's resolved I could be overdrawn. If that were to happen I would expect Plusnet to refund these to me, can Plusnet please comment, thanks.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As you were notified that you were going to be charged £1.50 extra for paying by card at the beginning of December, haven't you left it a bit late to sort out the DD?
The £1.50 you've been charged is because it's wrongly treating you the same as a new customer because of the account change.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
VinylLover
Dabbler

Don't believe I have, my billing date is 18th of the month, ie today. The charge for using a credit card doesn't come into effect until 1st February therefore I have plenty time to change before the next payment is due. Gievn I have been a Plusnet customer for 7+ years their systems should not be treating me as a new customer just because I changed product. Clearly that is what has happened & that is the reason I don't have confidence if I give Plusnet DD authority they will get it right.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: VinylLover
Gievn I have been a Plusnet customer for 7+ years their systems should not be treating me as a new customer just because I changed product.

No the system shouldn't be doing this. Sorry Sad
I've just checked your account and can see that a refund has already been processed. Let me know if you've any other problems.
Quote from: Chrism2
Okay, thanks for looking into it, Bob.
I'll keep an eye on my invoices in the short term.

Just revisited your account Chris.
Whilst the line items on the invoice aren't showing correctly, it looks like you've actually been billed the correct amount. You've only been charged for your line rental, call features and calls. Nothing's been taken for the broadband element.
I notice that you originally raised a query about missing referral credits. Please bear in mind that referral discounts are only ever deducted from your *broadband* subscription costs. As you're not paying for your broadband at the moment, there's nothing to apply the discounts against.
In this instance, credits accumulate and are eventually paid directly into your bank account (which if I'm looking at things correctly, is exactly what happened at some point over the last fortnight).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is it still as it was that where the referral discounts exceed the broadband subscription cost the customer is sent a payment once the amount due exceeds £5?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes, it is still the case.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: jelv
As you were notified that you were going to be charged £1.50 extra for paying by card at the beginning of December, haven't you left it a bit late to sort out the DD?
The £1.50 you've been charged is because it's wrongly treating you the same as a new customer because of the account change.

Mention of the additonal 10% charge was in the second or third paragraph, which needed to be scrolled down to be seen.
As has been pointed out elsewhere the email says the fee is the charge for transactions, which cost far less than the fee card users are to be charged.
If the fee is to cover the cost of failed payments (if only 10%) why are all card users being charged the equivalent of a failed payment, will good customers be refunded at the end of the year?
How can people have faith/trust in Plusnets use of DD if they are getting it wrong already.
What's the situation if an account is made overdrawn by Plusnet ?

Chrism2
Grafter

Quote from: Bob

Just revisited your account Chris.
Whilst the line items on the invoice aren't showing correctly, it looks like you've actually been billed the correct amount. You've only been charged for your line rental, call features and calls. Nothing's been taken for the broadband element.
I notice that you originally raised a query about missing referral credits. Please bear in mind that referral discounts are only ever deducted from your *broadband* subscription costs. As you're not paying for your broadband at the moment, there's nothing to apply the discounts against.
In this instance, credits accumulate and are eventually paid directly into your bank account (which if I'm looking at things correctly, is exactly what happened at some point over the last fortnight).

The amount billed to my account is different to the invoice; so yes; I have been billed the right amount. However I'm less than happy that there is a discrepancy between the invoices online and what has come out of my account.
Notwithstanding I haven't actually been credited with the monies due to me. It does not, in my experience, take that long to process credits unless there is a problem. Is there a problem here?
I think someone needs to tidy up my invoices on here. It's a total mess and impossible to follow.
Chris
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The amount billed to my account is different to the invoice; so yes; I have been billed the right amount. However I'm less than happy that there is a discrepancy between the invoices online and what has come out of my account.

As I mentioned in your support ticket, an internal problem will remain open to address this particular issue.
Notwithstanding I haven't actually been credited with the monies due to me. It does not, in my experience, take that long to process credits unless there is a problem. Is there a problem here?

Not sure, but I can see the service notice about the credit was raised back on the 12th January. I'll try and take a look into this later today and get back to you...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Good honest broadband from Yorkshire: So whats this price increase?

Hello Plusnet, the good honest folk from Yorkshire.
We note that your Unlimited broadband had a special offer for the first 3 months of £11.99 and then up to £15.99.
Oddly but never noticed, we were charged £15.99 for one month and then after this £16.33 for the next 6 months.
The next 6 months also saw an unexplained increase by £0.01 to £16.34. Again, marginal difference, barely noticed until now.
TODAY we've been notified of our next direct debit payment being £21.34  Shocked Shocked Shocked
A phone call to CSC has revealed that apparently you sent us an email on 9th December 2010. Actually it was the 2nd (Nice to know you're keeping accurate records).
Looking at it, it becomes immediately obvious why this information has never been noticed before: You've hidden it under 2 adverts which were apparently:
Important information about your Plusnet service.

Then follow 2 adverts. Anyone in their right mind after a busy day will see this and think it is JUNK mail and either delete it or click onto the next email. Underneath this so called
Important information about your Plusnet service.
is then some information stating the broadband will be going up by £5 per month.

Well done Plusnet, that really looks like "Good honest broadband from Yorkshire."
You're hiding important information behind adverts strategically placed to have a psychological effect on people which will make them ignore it.
Before you excuse yourselves, YES it is clearly stated - in the 2nd paragraph after 2 adverts trying to sell us a different product which instantly turns off most peoples attention.
It's dishonest and disgusting. It also has a scent of BT to it and lets face it, they're the ones pushing for profit as PN's owners.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Good honest broadband from Yorkshire: So whats this price increase?

Already discussed at length here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91211.0.html so thread locked
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and just to please the okrzynska I have merged the locked thread with the existing thread
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: okrzynska
You're hiding important information behind adverts strategically placed to have a psychological effect on people which will make them ignore it.
Wow...Just Wow..., I disagree with okrzynska as he already knows, I see nothing wrong with this E-Mail at all, At the end of the day and In my opinion everything's there for the end user to see, Its up to whom this E-Mail concerns whether they choose to read It Properly or as In this case NOT!.
Word on the street Is Plusnet got Derren Brown to put this E-Mail together Cheesy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the cross posting as I've posted this reply to the two threads here and here as well.
Just wanted to let people know that the non Direct Debit surcharge will now not be coming into effect for existing customers until 1st March (we originally cited 1st February). AIUI, we'll be sending revised emails out to the masses at some point this week.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team