Grafter

Re: VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

how about loss of interest for the up to 20 days before you get the money back
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Any payment disputes would be handled based on their individual merits.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: pierre_pierre

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/current-accounts/ says the best interest rate is 5%. So for a £50 overcharge your loss of interest over 20 days would be about 0.14p - is that worth bothering about?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Interesting that we have still not heard from Jamie Ford.  I would have thought at least an apology is in order for the way this has been handled by PN Undecided
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

What is it exactly that you expect Jamie to apologise for?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

artmo
Aspiring Champion

The way in which it has been handled and the lack of response to some of the questions asked. 
Spider
Grafter

When I have made claims under the DD Guarantee my account as been credited the same day as I raised the mistake. My only loss of interest is from the number of days between when the claim was made and when I spotted the mistake.....
Quote from: jelv

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/current-accounts/ says the best interest rate is 5%. So for a £50 overcharge your loss of interest over 20 days would be about 0.14p - is that worth bothering about?

But that 5% rate only applies for the first 12 months after opening the account, then it falls back to 1%.
thisoldman
Grafter

well lets all just sit back and see what the uk financial omsbudman says about charging 1.50 to process a 12£ dd
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

absolutely nothing otherwise he would have talked to BT who have been doing it for years
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: artmo
The way in which it has been handled and the lack of response to some of the questions asked. 

What questions in particular?
The situation has been handled as was intended, so from a project perspective Jamie has no cause for concern (or any need to apologise). Whether it could have been done better is another question entirely mind you. I'd like to think that most people understood the messaging though given the relatively few people that have posted to this thread.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Will they also repair your credit rating etc?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

From Bob :
I'd like to think that most people understood the messaging though given the relatively few people that have posted to this thread.

Maybe some people  don't bother posting on this thread and are looking right now for another ISP to move to.

Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
The situation has been handled as was intended, so from a project perspective Jamie has no cause for concern (or any need to apologise).
Absolutely correct, no need for concern or apologies, it's just business, right? Housekeeping.
Of course the loss of some customers due to the "situation" will have been accounted for and deemed insignificant compared to the new customers signing up. Other existing customers will not like the change but will remain because it easier than changing... devil you know!

Quote from: Bob
I'd like to think that most people understood the messaging though given the relatively few people that have posted to this thread.

That is an interesting comment Bob.
Only a small percentage of your customers use this forum and even less people are frequent contributors.You seem to be assuming that there is little resistance to the changes you are making because of relatively small number of people commenting here.
Most people will be aware of the VAT rise but many of your customers will be unaware of these other changes in pricing and T&C.
The people who will react to these changes are not your new customers. they won't care necessarily. The people who are reacting are mostly your longer standing customers, they seem to be the victims in plusnets strategy to win customers, it seems, at any cost.
thisoldman
Grafter

very well expressed oddball.

What people are forgetting is that many customers on the value package, whom i assume are eldery and not well endowned financially face a hike of 25% on their costs.

1.50 on an expensive bt package is nothing compared to the hike that plus net value customers face.
I told an accountant tt member  what bob said  ie that the plusnet model is based on people not using their allocated  monthly usage amount and  .....i can still hear him laughing
VinylLover
Dabbler

Bob,
I apologise if I have missed it but I still haven't seen an answer to the question a number of people have asked -"what is PN's justification for increasing the Unlimited package by £5/month?"