cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

spark64

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

I recieved this month's bill and see that it has gone up! This is the first we've heard of this. We did NOT receive ANY email warning us of this impending rise, whatever you might claim. I have just thoroughly checked and there is no sign of any email from you stating that this was going to happen. Poor show Plusnet. We are now considering our options and are thinking about leaving for someone else. What a poor way to treat long-term customers.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've just checked over your account and we *did* send an email to you on the 21st August. It's also attached as a service notice on to your account that you can see in the questions section of the member centre. It was sent to your hotmail address, is that the one you checked?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spark64

Quote from: Chris
Hi there,
I've just checked over your account and we *did* send an email to you on the 21st August. It's also attached as a service notice on to your account that you can see in the questions section of the member centre. It was sent to your hotmail address, is that the one you checked?

Hi, I have checked all the email accounts and we have never received any such email. I have read of others saying the same thing. Also where do you mean to look when you say it's attached as a service notice on to our account? It's not clear where you mean as trying to find your way around your site isn't straightforward. I've just had a look and can't see anything so could you please be more specific on where I'll find it thanks. Even so it's not good enough to expect us to have seen it on here as I never really log in here anyway apart from to check my useage occasionally.
Chris
Legend

If you go to this link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and use the dropdown to search on a date range, make sure the range includes the 21st August.
A direct link to the service notice specifically for you is.
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=169795766
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: spark64
Hi, I have checked all the email accounts and we have never received any such email.

Have you specifically checked the hotmail account for the email address shown on this page (including checking the spam folder)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spark64

Quote from: Chris
If you go to this link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and use the dropdown to search on a date range, make sure the range includes the 21st August.
A direct link to the service notice specifically for you is.
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=169795766

Thanks for that. I can say though that we definitely didn't receive the email copy of this.  We can't be expected to check your website to learn of possible changes to our contract so I think this is poor show and we are seriously considering leaving Plusnet now. It's not the way to treat your customers. It's not so much the increase in cost which isn't that important it's the principle and shoddy way of going about things. Thanks for your help anyway.
spark64

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: spark64
Hi, I have checked all the email accounts and we have never received any such email.

Have you specifically checked the hotmail account for the email address shown on this page (including checking the spam folder)?

Hi jelv, yes it has been checked. We would have known if we had received this. Anyway whatever, options are now being considered whether to stay put or not. Cheers.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Plusnet
Spark64 can still leave without incurring early termination charges as he/she wasn't informed clearly straightforward of the price increase.  It is optional for a Plusnet representative to inform the consumer if their products is affected by the price rise via another contact method i.e. Telephone or SMS.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Chris
Legend

We contacted customers in accordance with our T&Cs, nowhere in them do we say that we'll send service affecting messages via any other method.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@NorthEasterner
That is not a helpful response - Plusnet have sent an email to the address selected by the user and the user didn't see it. If it's like a lot of hotmail accounts that receive loads of rubbish that claims to be important he could of missed it or hotmail may have decided it was spam. Whatever happened to the email it's not Plusnet's fault.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
picbits
Rising Star

Well it *could* be Plusnets fault but highly unlikely and much more likely the Hotmail issue.
I'm not sure if Plusnet keep mail delivery logs but this would be good practice in the future if they don't. I run my own email server and archive all the mail logs. I can tell when an email has been delivered/received by the remote email server and have used this in the past as proof of contact to companies who ever dispute receiving emails from me.
What the email server does at the other end is then out of my control - if it marks it as spam and the recipient doesn't read it then that is an issue between the recipient and their provider.
It also works well for tracing incoming email etc.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Well does plus net actually send out the emails themselves or through a specialized computer?
I'm sorry but a poor customer has clearly not seen the email
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Mine came from plusnet@comm.plus.net through the mail router mx1.bt-plusnet.trclient.com. There are any number of reasons why spark64 might not have seen the email, unfortunately email is not a foolproof delivery method and we have no reason to doubt that Plusnet sent it.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

To put this in the terms of a well known online auction site.
Proof of posting is one thing but what really counts is proof of receipt.
In other words it's the sole responsibility of the sender to make sure that whatever is being sent actually gets to the destination.
Chris
Legend

That's their terms, which is much much more feasible when it's a 1 on 1 conversation. We sent 100's of thousands of emails out advising of these price changes, which is the way our terms and conditions state we'll communicate this type of thing with our customers. I've already suggested internally that we look at adding other methods on top of that too, maybe SMS if we hold the mobile number and the customer is opted in to receiving communications that way, possibly a box that appears to point to the revelant service notice when they log in to the portal.