Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet to stop providing business broadband

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

Re: Plusnet to stop providing business broadband

I believe @Penny has got a response to the escalation and will be posting here shortly

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

This topic was escalated by one of the Superusers, with a request that this situation be clarified for business customers.

The following clarification has been received from PlusNet 08/08/23:

Termination charges - Customers on Plusnet business will not be liable for any termination fees for canceling the service, this includes canceling within the contract terms.  Customers can choose any other provider, not just BT Business, and not be liable for any termination fees.

Unfortunately, there is an issue currently whereby termination fees are added to the account if the account was ceased within the term of the contract, however, a credit equalling the amount of the termination fees will also be applied to the account thus mitigating this.

PlusNet will write to all Business customers and will specifically state the closure date of PlusNet Business.  Contracts that exceed the closure date will not be able to see out that term. 

At the moment PlusNet has not confirmed a date for closure but this will be communicated when a date has been decided upon.

Hopefully that answers a lot of the questions that have been raised here recently.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
knowdice
Rising Star

Thanks Penny, yes does answer the questions posed...

Sad day, I have been with Plusnet for over 20 years and always found their service and especially support very good.

So it's off to Vodafone on Cityfibre, could be interesting - will have a bit of backup with 4G modem just in case.

knowdice
Rising Star

@Penny Well I hope you are right about the final bill.... Just got this email.

When you leave Plusnet Business

You'll receive a cancellation bill with the charges you need to pay.

Because you're moving your broadband and phone before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £125.80. You can find out more information about this in our Charges schedule. We could save you this fee and also find the best offer for you. Call us on 0800 0733 051 to see what deals we have for you.

Please note that if you're switching your service to BT For Business, any early termination charges will be waived.

We shall see... Plusnet is not really with it nowadays 🙄

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

The advice we have received is that the charges will be raised … and then cancelled!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

knowdice
Rising Star

@Townman 

May be...

If Plusnet can't even get it together to correctly put that in an email.

I don't think there is much hope they will get their invoice correct.

Then much much time will we waste getting it corrected...

Its4john

My next payment is due next week then I’ll cancel my DD.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@knowdice wrote:

@Penny Well I hope you are right about the final bill.... Just got this email.

When you leave Plusnet Business

You'll receive a cancellation bill with the charges you need to pay.

Because you're moving your broadband and phone before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £125.80. You can find out more information about this in our Charges schedule. We could save you this fee and also find the best offer for you. Call us on 0800 0733 051 to see what deals we have for you.

Please note that if you're switching your service to BT For Business, any early termination charges will be waived.

@knowdice   It would appear that neither that e-mail, nor the text on the portal info page at https://www.plus.net/business/faqs/?_ga=2.221544603.2066071477.1691583948-349556533.1691583948 (section: "What happens if I'm an existing Plusnet Business customer?") (subsection: "If you don’t want to move to BT for Business"), have yet been amended in line with the undertaking given by PlusNet on 08/08/23 (quoted above in post #17).

I am sorry for the hassle and probably anxiety such e-mails are causing for business customers (especially as the content conflicts directly with assurances that I was given permission to quote on this thread). I have - today, again, just now - said what I think, in no uncertain terms, behind the scenes.

I hope things get resolved for you swiftly (without some interminable delay in getting the charge refunded).

In the meantime could you (or possibly @Its4john whose reference to the e-mail that mentioned 5th September, launched this thread) send me (by PM, not on here) a copy of the e-mail so I know exactly what it said?

If you wouldn't mind.  Superusers raise a lot of stuff behind the scenes but often it's easier if we have an actual copy of whatever wording has been sent out to customers.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Piskey1

We received the Plusnet email saying Plusnet were ending business broadband and decided to move to BT to minimise (hopefully) the risk of losing our landline number in the process. Having started the transfer we received an email from Plusnet saying that they were sorry we were leaving and, that if we phoned, they could offer us one of their great deals. You couldn't make it up.

JohnP2
Dabbler

I hope I haven't crashed this thread

We have 3 business account and have planned migration dates to BT accounts.
We had an EE contact who was dealing with us earlier in the year regarding this migration. 

She supplied us quotes and we said that we would contact her  closer to the  migration time.
She is now  no longer with EE and  we need a new contact person.

We thought we had got a new contact through the BT migration call centre 3 weeks ago but no one
has emailed us  or contacted us since.

I have tried the  BT migration call centre  number again today but after a long wait the  centre engineer  put me through the equally long Plusnet call centre.   

I just need an email, Whatsapp  or messenger contact.

Please help

knowdice
Rising Star

@Penny 

Nick Silverwood [Head of Business - Plusnet] has sent us an email suggesting that Plusnet intend to charge us £125.80 for early cancellation of our business contract - of course in line with current Plusnet's "hide behind an email wall policy" you cannot reply to this email.

In reality it's Plusnet that are cancelling our contract and even if we move to BT Business or Plusnet Residential this would mean taking out a new contract. 

We need an email or letter directly from somebody in Plusnet management confirming that there will not be any cancellation charges applied to our account.

Leaving this down to "Super Users" is not good enough.

Actually an email from Nick Silverwood Head of Business is what is required.

JohnP2
Dabbler

MisterW

I was hoping that there  was an another way into Plusnet or a catch all email address.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

@JohnP2 there isnt I'm afraid.

Hopefully one of the PN staff who monitor this forum will pick this up and assist.

RoJoNo61

I am a sole trader and have had PlusNet Business broadband for three years or so, am half way through two- year contract. They've been pretty good, decent service and reliability, upgraded router when that became available, and I'm consistently paying @£26pm for 76meg service and phone line with no "increase in line with inflation ".

PlusNet Business announced they are ceasing operations and moving customers to EE/BT but I didn't volunteer. I got a phone call from a BT salesman today and ended up with new two year contract with EEBT Business on pretty much same terms except bit cheaper as I don't need the phone line now.

"Digital Fibre 76 Essential" 64 - 73 Mbps download and 17 - 18 Mbps upload with minimum guaranteed speed (58 Mbps)
£34.95 = £20.95 - including monthly discount of £14.00 for 24 month(s). Cheekily they've added £9.95 for delivery of new router. With VAT on top of all that.

Sign up email encouraged me to install BT BUSINESS app, reviews of which suggest it's rubbish. As is the BTEE Business Service and customer support all round apparently. As evidenced by apparent impossibility of contacting them now except by navigating labyrinthine website apparently set up to sell, not help customers.

There's still time to bail out. Thoughts, alternatives? I've previously tried Virgin, Vodafone etc and they've been appallingly bad in one way or another.
Its4john

I’ve switched off my Plusnet modem. I run 2 pc’s and 2 wireless printers (and Alexa) off my old iphone8s hotspot. Everything works perfectly well, cost me £1 to upgrade my phone sim to 100gb / month