keenfamily
Dabbler

what speeds should I expect?

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 13126 kbps 445 kbps
Line Attenuation 29 db 5.5 db
Noise Margin 8 db 24 db
moved onto ADSL2 last Friday. download speeds are around 11mb  Smiley
just wondering what I could expect at a maximum DL / UL speeds  ( can I also get my upload speed uncapped please )
Thanks for any replies I get  Cool
10 REPLIES 10
keenfamily
Dabbler

Re: what speeds should I expect?

wow, must be a difficult question to not get any replies, not even any spam ones either  Crazy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The estimate we actually provided was 4mb for your downstream so I really wouldn't shake a stick at 11mb! Smiley
I can certainly uncap the upstream for you, I'll place a manual order now that should complete tomorrow, from there the upstream should be just over 1mb.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
keenfamily
Dabbler

thanks Adam.
I was told I would get around 2mb - 4mb on normal ADSL but normally connected at around 7.2mb with dl speeds of around 800kb/s
so was hoping for something around 15-16mb from ADSL2.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sounds about right for the estimate (you can check your own at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome) - that's saying around 5 - 7.5Mb, so given the increase you've seen on ADSL you should see significantly better speeds on ADSL2+.
Interesting difference though, I wonder if a fault has been raised on your line and it's been rerouted (well, changed to a different route) or if you've just improved the internal wiring since the last estimate was done... or it could just be a very good router.
Ah well either way it's good news for yourself Smiley Hope the upstream uncapping has completed alright and your speeds do improve further.
keenfamily
Dabbler

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 13047 kbps 883 kbps
Line Attenuation 29 db 5.5 db
Noise Margin 6 db 11 db
the above is what my router says at the minute.
I am only 350ish m from my exchange, and as I said in a post above, I was hoping to get a bit higher than 13mb ( dl @ 11.5mb ) but perhaps thats just wishful thinking lol
its the same wiring etc that it has always been, nothing has changed at all. Router is just a bog standard netgear 834g v3 with newest firmware.
the uncapping of the upstream has completed ok, thank you. Smiley
hitachi
Grafter

I might be wrong but I think the V3 is a poor performer on adsl2+ due to the chipset used.
keenfamily
Dabbler

what is plusnets router of choice now?
and can I get one  Cool
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's currently the Thomson TG585v8, and yes you can - you can either pay the £4.99 delivery charge up front and defer the remaining £40 (that'll be charged if you leave within 12 months of buying the router) or you can pay the whole £44.99. Either charge will need to be taken from a credit or debit card though.
If you'd like to go ahead you can raise a ticket or call in, or drop a post in here and we'll sort it out for you Smiley
keenfamily
Dabbler

ticket raised
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

and replied to Smiley